Jacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Purchased a set of the Spec R springs part number
4H918R onto the Sports Hatch.

Went through a pretty hefty install over the weekend, with all the goodies I've purchased over the last few weeks. I had a set of wheels sitting, that I didnt want to install until I lowered the car. Did some other small cosmetic goodies.

Overall drive is very comfortable. I wasn't expecting the lowering springs to limit the body roll as much as it did. It feels like it is on rails even with the stock tires. The steering is much more responsive now. A more definitive driving experience when driving aggressively.

Cruising around town and highways the car feels stock. I can almost go as far as saying it might be more comfortable traversing uneven roads? Could be placebo, bottom line is that I am loving it. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with the setup, makes me want to run errands just to drive around. Installed the springs on Friday night, drove the car more than 100 miles Saturday just going around town.

On OEM wheels

Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Spec R Springs on Sport Hatch review 4YMza1l

Here on new 18's with a little more aggressive offset

Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Spec R Springs on Sport Hatch review jG1S8L7

Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Spec R Springs on Sport Hatch review gFYR6Tf

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag

Went through a pretty hefty install over the weekend, with all the goodies I've purchased over the last few weeks. I had a set of wheels sitting, that I didnt want to install until I lowered the car. Did some other small cosmetic goodies.

Overall drive is very comfortable. I wasn't expecting the lowering springs to limit the body roll as much as it did. It feels like it is on rails even with the stock tires. The steering is much more responsive now. A more definitive driving experience when driving aggressively.

Cruising around town and highways the car feels stock. I can almost go as far as saying it might be more comfortable traversing uneven roads? Could be placebo, bottom line is that I am loving it. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with the setup, makes me want to run errands just to drive around. Installed the springs on Friday night, drove the car more than 100 miles Saturday just going around town.

On OEM wheels

4YMza1l.jpg

jG1S8L7.jpg

gFYR6Tf.jpg
Looks great! Happy to hear you’re enjoy the ride quality. Did you remove the bump stops or add a camber kit ? How was the alignment specs ?

OP
OP

powerwing

First Name
Jacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
No camber kit

Haven't aligned yet.

Did not modify the bumpstops. (based on recommendation by Swift)

I will wait about 2 weeks before I align it, and when I do I will get the proper alignment arms.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks great!Would it be possible to measure The distance from center of The wheel up to The fender?

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Very nice!

Are you looking to sell your OEM wheels?

Olim

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Thanks for the pictures and personal review ! Plan on lowering my Sport HB soon too!

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

On OEM wheels

4YMza1l.jpg

jG1S8L7.jpg

gFYR6Tf.jpg
What else did you install besides the springs and wheels?

OP
OP

powerwing

First Name
Jacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
What else did you install besides the springs and wheels?
I have a downpipe and exhaust installed. Are you asking if I have any camber kits? If so, no I do not have camber kits installed.

OP
OP

powerwing

First Name
Jacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
So although these are Si springs, they will work just fine on the Sport Hatch?
It feels like it was made for the Sport Hatch. The drop is even and the rates feel great.

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
It feels like it was made for the Sport Hatch. The drop is even and the rates feel great.
As far the install goes, you didn't run into any complications given that these are advertised for the Si ?

OP
OP

powerwing

First Name
Jacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
As far the install goes, you didn't run into any complications given that these are advertised for the Si ?
No complications at all, the cars are essentially the same except for the electronically controlled shocks. What swift did was design it based around the valving on the sport mode of the SI and made sure it works with the sport hatch shocks. They have done their own testing on the hatch before releasing the product. I was given the go ahead before purchasing the springs.

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
No complications at all, the cars are essentially the same except for the electronically controlled shocks. What swift did was design it based around the valving on the sport mode of the SI and made sure it works with the sport hatch shocks. They have done their own testing on the hatch before releasing the product. I was given the go ahead before purchasing the springs.
Thats good to hear. i had swift springs on my S2000 and they were fantastic

jtamase

the.xth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX Hatchback; 2016 Pilot LX
Country flag

On OEM wheels

4YMza1l.jpg

jG1S8L7.jpg

gFYR6Tf.jpg

Did you install any camber arms, or sway bars when you installed these springs?

OP
OP

powerwing

First Name
Jacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Did you install any camber arms, or sway bars when you installed these springs?
No I have not, but I will eventually get rear camber arms as well as a rear SI sway bar.
Sponsored