Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan)

swift996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Panamera Turbo, Porsche Cayman, Porsche Macan S, Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey all, I own a company called Flat 6 Motorsports. We specialize in aftermarket performance parts for late-model Porsche vehicles. So if you know anyone, tell them to check us out. https://flat6motorsports.com/

Current Cars:

• 11 Porsche Panamera Turbo (562WHP)
  • 14 Porsche Cayman (981 Base 6MT)
  • 15 Porsche Macan S
  • 18 Civic Si Sedan
I have modified cars for as long as I can remember so looking forward to playing with this Si. Having owned several Honda/Acuras through the years, I know they make a great car. I sold my 08 Acura TL Type-S because I wanted something new that was manual and fun to drive. I was impressed with the value proposition of the new Si. I like the look of the new Civic X and thought the Si offered a great package for the price. So far, I'm loving the car. It's such a blast for day to day driving, just makes the drive fun. It has a low limit for what I'm use to but the fun I have zipping around town is great.

Previous Honda Cars:

• 89 CRX Si w/ B16A Swap
  • 92 Prelude Si (4WS)
  • 01 Prelude
  • 97 GSR (Turbo)
  • 04 TSX
  • 08 TL Type-S
I am really focused on keeping this car a daily and refined for the street and want to keep it simple, but I love performance. So here are my mod plans:
  • Black film for chrome strip above doors
  • Smoked side markers
  • Intake
  • Downpipe
  • Intercooler
  • KTuner w/ VitTuned
  • Eibach Pro Springs
  • Maybe wheels/tires down the road
I don't waste a lot of time, so stay tuned! Here are some pics of it stock:
Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan) 7krECuN

Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan) ZvlvnHA

Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan) 3mraxL8

Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan) MBrDdNX

Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan) ZlKxmWM

OP
OP
swift996

swift996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First Mod
Smoked Side Markers (Purchased on eBay)

I just hate the ugly orange side markers and usually in the past have gone with clear markers. I decided to try the smoked version out as it blends more on the black paint color. Install took maybe 2 minutes, here's a simple how-to video if you need it. The markers I purchase also included LED lights, they illuminate white.

OEM vs Smoked Light:
Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan) u0gBOTr

Side by Side:
Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan) oSYT8mZ

Finished Shot:
Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan) 3XM3Kac

Next up is to install the black vinyl over the chrome trim above the doors. Hoping to get to it tomorrow.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
I am really focused on keeping this car a daily and refined for the street and want to keep it simple, but I love performance. So here are my mod plans:
  • Black film for chrome strip above doors
  • Smoked side markers
  • Intake
  • Downpipe
  • Intercooler
  • KTuner w/ VitTuned
  • Eibach Pro Springs
  • Maybe wheels/tires down the road
With those mods you may want to make room for a clutch upgrade. It is known to slip with only a tune. And congrats!!!

OP
OP
swift996

swift996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With those mods you may want to make room for a clutch upgrade. It is known to slip with only a tune. And congrats!!!
Thanks, I want to avoid doing a clutch as much as possible early on. Down the road, no problem but will try and find the most performance I can get on the stock clutch. I need to do a little more research, have seen some chatter on the limits.

OP
OP
swift996

swift996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Second Mod
Blackout Trim Overlay (Purchased on eBay)

I just really don't like chrome trim so was looking for a solution to black out the trim. I have used plastidip in the past with decent results but thought I'd go with a vinyl solution. I wanted to compliment the vendor, their service was great. Quick shipping, transparent, and helped me right away when I ran into a snag. A+ customer service!

Install - I'm a very impatient person so jobs like these don't usually turn out too well. The vinyl was a nice quality with some "stretchyness" to it. I first cut around the vinyl as recommended in the instructions. I then started with the most simple piece, it went on easy. The front and rear pieces are a little tricky but just take your time and work the vinyl. It's easy to just take the vinyl back and get it oriented correctly. No issues with bubbles or creases, I just went slow and made sure it fully wrapped around the trim. I ended up trimming a couple areas very slightly with an exacto knife but a small pair of scissors would be suffice. Total install time took me maybe 45 mins - hour but I took my time as I didn't want to screw it up.
Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan) bkQYKQC

I think it came out looking very good, no issues at all and drove in heavy rain the next morning. I like the look and would recommend for anyone who want's to get rid of the chrome trim look. This blends very well with the rest of the factory rubberized black trim and looks OEM.
Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan) 2l1VkFf

Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan) fHSoG7a

Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan) YVlIq2

Comparison / Before & After Pics:
Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan) KIkBO0D

Next up is the aFe / Takeda intake. I wanted to go with a synthetic dry media to avoid any MAF sensor issues and really liked the OEM-like design with an enclosure and an opening to bring in cold air. I'll be posting some pics, video, and give you my impressions. I'm looking forward to a little improvement with turbo response and squeak out a few more HP!

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Nice Website! And nice Si

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Second Mod

I just really don't like chrome trim so was looking for a solution to black out the trim. I have used plastidip in the past with decent results but thought I'd go with a vinyl solution. I wanted to compliment the vendor, their service was great. Quick shipping, transparent, and helped me right away when I ran into a snag. A+ customer service!

Install - I'm a very impatient person so jobs like these don't usually turn out too well. The vinyl was a nice quality with some "stretchyness" to it. I first cut around the vinyl as recommended in the instructions. I then started with the most simple piece, it went on easy. The front and rear pieces are a little tricky but just take your time and work the vinyl. It's easy to just take the vinyl back and get it oriented correctly. No issues with bubbles or creases, I just went slow and made sure it fully wrapped around the trim. I ended up trimming a couple areas very slightly with an exacto knife but a small pair of scissors would be suffice. Total install time took me maybe 45 mins - hour but I took my time as I didn't want to screw it up.
bkQYKQC.jpg

I think it came out looking very good, no issues at all and drove in heavy rain the next morning. I like the look and would recommend for anyone who want's to get rid of the chrome trim look. This blends very well with the rest of the factory rubberized black trim and looks OEM.

Next up is the aFe / Takeda intake. I wanted to go with a synthetic dry media to avoid any MAF sensor issues and really liked the OEM-like design with an enclosure and an opening to bring in cold air. I'll be posting some pics, video, and give you my impressions. I'm looking forward to a little improvement with turbo response and squeak out a few more HP!
That's a nice looking kit. Price seems a little high though.

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Second Mod

bkQYKQC.jpg

2l1VkFf.jpg

fHSoG7a.jpg

YVlIq2p.jpg

KIkBO0D.png
Thanks for this! It's exactly what I had planned on getting done at a local shop, but this seems to be much cheaper!

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
Second Mod

bkQYKQC.jpg

2l1VkFf.jpg

fHSoG7a.jpg

YVlIq2p.jpg

KIkBO0D.png

Is this the kit from kooltint?

Williamsct1

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Wow, your mod list and goals are pretty much exactly what I was thinking and we are both in NC I'll be watching this thread. I'm focusing on making the paint perfect and protecting it and I just ordered some interior LEDs the next purchase is the Kooltint kit. It looks awesome btw!!

OP
OP
swift996

swift996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Third Mod
I went ahead and installed the aFe / Takeda intake. I created a quick video on the unboxing/install.

Install:
Very easy and straightforward. The instructions are logical and the job is intuitive. It took about 20-30 minutes in total and anyone with a little experience around a car, should be good without an issue. Tools you'll need:
  • Phillips-Head Screwdriver
  • Flat-Head Screwdriver
  • 10mm socket with long extesion (I used a 10" extension)
Impressions:
After driving the car a good bit, it has become clearer to me that the intake has added solid power. The turbo seems to respond more eager and the car just pulls harder. Very happy with the intake and I'd recommend for those who want to get some more power out from a basic bolt-on. The microphone I use for my camera had a ton of static and my GoPro is the basic version in a hard case, so the video I captured in the car and a fly by were both ruined. With the windows down, I can hear the turbo and blow-off a bit more than stock, very subtle upgrade in terms of induction sound as well.

Photos:
Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan) VbMZ6ZS

Before / After
Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan) demUXy2

Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan) K1EpLiS

Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Civic X Si Build (Black Sedan) w94ZKww

C1V1C

First Name
Ka-El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
First Mod
Smoked Side Markers (Purchased on eBay)

I just hate the ugly orange side markers and usually in the past have gone with clear markers. I decided to try the smoked version out as it blends more on the black paint color. Install took maybe 2 minutes, here's a simple how-to video if you need it. The markers I purchase also included LED lights, they illuminate white.

OEM vs Smoked Light:
u0gBOTr.png

Side by Side:
oSYT8mZ.png
Any issues with these Smoked Side Markers leaking water into them?
How has the side markers been holding up so far?

Also, did you have to use a heat gun to install the Black Trim Overlay?
Did you use any tool to tuck the overlay into the creases and tight spots?
How has the overlay been holding up so far? Is it peeling?

Thanks

OP
OP
swift996

swift996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any issues with these Smoked Side Markers leaking water into them?
How has the side markers been holding up so far?

Also, did you have to use a heat gun to install the Black Trim Overlay?
Did you use any tool to tuck the overlay into the creases and tight spots?
How has the overlay been holding up so far? Is it peeling?

Thanks
No issues on the side markers. Rock solid there. On the trim overlay, I took it through an intense automated car wash and a small portion ripped off. I did not use a heat gun to apply. No other peeling or issues, just used a small pick to wrap it under the trim. I need to reach out to the supplier and get another overlay for the passenger-side door. The wash I went through was a newer one and it had these air jets that came real close to the car, not your typical overhead blowers that don't do much. So might want to just be a little careful with it. Otherwise, hot sun, rain, snow, etc. It has held up solid.
Sponsored