With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Bagged 2020 Civic Ex Hatch
Country flag
Hey guys, so I recently installed Truhart Rear Camber arms and Meghan Toe arms to help with toe and went to get an alignment yesterday and the ride is very sloppy. On a higher ride height setting the car drives smooth with no swaying 40mph+ but at my set ride height there is so much rear sway and I feel like im fighting the steering wheel to drive it straight. The alignment people told me it was a camber arm issue and I need a longer camber arm with the camber I am running at. For my rear camber arms I removed both nuts that came with it to max out my camber. Does anyone know the real reason why I keep swaying in the rear at my set ride height?

Im going back in a couple hours for them to look at it again and to make the rear toe .08
Honda Civic 10th gen Swaying problem help 9855D5A8-DD10-4947-8759-0D2A8EB17E1A
Sponsored

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What ride height is it when they're aligning it? What camber arms are you running? -7 to -7.4 camber is a lot and potential even more if you air out past what they aligned it at. I would reduce the rear camber to the minimum you can get away with and still tuck and not rub when aired out. Looks sweet though.

OP
OP
With_extra_salt

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Bagged 2020 Civic Ex Hatch
Country flag
What ride height is it when they're aligning it? What camber arms are you running? -7 to -7.4 camber is a lot and potential even more if you air out past what they aligned it at. I would reduce the rear camber to the minimum you can get away with and still tuck and not rub when aired out. Looks sweet though.
My ride height is 45/35 and the rear camber is at 6.7

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
With that much negative rear camber you are really reducing the tires contact patch which in turn is decreasing your amount of rear end grip. When you air up to a more normal ride height, the rear suspension naturally gains positive camber and you get more of that contact patch (ie grip) back.