Sway Bar/Strut tower Installation

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
Noob question, Do you have to have the weight of the car on the tires when installing either?
Sponsored

Last edited:

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Front strut tower bar should be easy. I just removed the nutz; put the bar in place and replaced the nutz. You may notice the negative battery terminal cable being a bit close to the bar. You should be able to bend the wire terminal down a bit for good clearance.

OP
OP
Tanuktun

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
I just did the rear sway this morning at a diy shop here in town, I see why some say to have the weight of the car on the tires, took a little more working to get everything in place than I've seen some have to deal with. Definitely feel the difference though.

Somewhat nervous about my handy work but check it once I got home, she seems good.

I went with the eibach sway bar but it had the little re-greasing knobs on the mounting brackets, just in case lol.

Thinking sirimoto for the struts

OP
OP
Tanuktun

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
That black bracket on top of the strut towers, do we trash it when installing a strut bar?

OP
OP
Tanuktun

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
Don't need it with a strut bar, and in most cases you won't have enough thread left trying to install both the plate and the strut bar.
And these funny little nuts with the sirimoto one replace the factory hardware or are they supposed to sit under it?

Would have been nice if this thing came with instructions. It's even missing a washer.

OP
OP
Tanuktun

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
nevermind, found a more recent tutorial, i really need to buy a torque bar
Sponsored