First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
Hey guys

I got a 2019 Civic Sport Sedan not to long ago, and am looking for little things I can do to improve performance.
I’ve seen people talking about the sway bar and engine brace, and was wondering if any one could get me some more info and links for specific products?

Thanks Everybody!
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You probably do not want a rear motor mount for your application but a rear sway bar can help handing out a bit.

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Note that the Sport has a sway bar that, while better than the LX, is less impactful than the one found on the EX and Touring.

LX
: 25.0 mm x 4.0 mm (tubular) / 16.5 mm (solid)
Sport: 26.5 mm x 4.5 mm (tubular) / 16.5 mm (solid)
EX: 26.5 mm x 4.5 mm (tubular) / 17.0 mm (solid)
Touring: 26.5 mm x 4.5 mm (tubular) / 17.0 mm (solid)

OP
OP
I Am Noobmaster69
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
You probably do not want a rear motor mount for your application but a rear sway bar can help handing out a bit.
What exactly would the motor mount do to the performance? I’ve seen people talking about them but I’m still trying to learn about what they do

OP
OP
I Am Noobmaster69
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
Note that the Sport has a sway bar that, while better than the LX, is less impactful than the one found on the EX and Touring.

LX
: 25.0 mm x 4.0 mm (tubular) / 16.5 mm (solid)
Sport: 26.5 mm x 4.5 mm (tubular) / 16.5 mm (solid)
EX: 26.5 mm x 4.5 mm (tubular) / 17.0 mm (solid)
Touring: 26.5 mm x 4.5 mm (tubular) / 17.0 mm (solid)
So how much would an upgraded sway bar help? And are there any you would recommend?

OP
OP
I Am Noobmaster69
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
Also would adding a strut bar help anything substantially?

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Also would adding a strut bar help anything substantially?
How hard are you going to drive your Civic? Describe your driving style, how fast you drive, what kind of roads you ride, city vs. country, etc.

OP
OP
I Am Noobmaster69
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
How hard are you going to drive your Civic? Describe your driving style, how fast you drive, what kind of roads you ride, city vs. country, etc.
Mainly a daily driver, but I live in houston so there’s ample opportunity on our roads to open it up and have a little fun but nothing too crazy. Like I wouldn’t take it on a track but race down the highway at 100+ if it’s empty

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
The motor mount mod you hear of is often for drives with tuned engines (more hp) that helps with getting traction by reducing motor movement when starting off accelerating. Likely not something you need to concern yourself with.

Sway Bars (Anti Roll bars) help reduce the car lean when cornering. Depending on how large a bar (particularly a rear bar) that is installed, will quicken the vehicles rotation around a corner. Most often the Autocross guys talk about changing out their sway bars to improve handling (rotation). The safest/cheapest option is often to buy a used bar from someone who is upgrading. So, someone with an EX or Si who is going to larger bars often sells the old bars for cheap. Si bars are thicker and would bolt right on.
Sponsored