First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While trying to install my lowering springs we ran into an issue removing the bolt on the sway bar end link.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sway bar end link bolt won’t loosen. C4825FF8-5537-4B8F-A5AC-F7DAD3858A4D

No matter what we tried, it would just keep spinning. The Allen key stays in place but it still won’t budge when turning the wrench. Sockets couldn’t bust it, impact wrench couldn’t bust it, tried just about everything I could think of.

The problem now is not only that the lowering springs didn’t happen, but now it’s also impossible to tighten the bolt back, leading to an awful clunk noise when driving.

I’m at wits end here, one of the more frustrating things I’ve run into with this car. Any other tips? Anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
While trying to install my lowering springs we ran into an issue removing the bolt on the sway bar end link.

C4825FF8-5537-4B8F-A5AC-F7DAD3858A4D.jpeg

No matter what we tried, it would just keep spinning. The Allen key stays in place but it still won’t budge when turning the wrench. Sockets couldn’t bust it, impact wrench couldn’t bust it, tried just about everything I could think of.

The problem now is not only that the lowering springs didn’t happen, but now it’s also impossible to tighten the bolt back, leading to an awful clunk noise when driving.

I’m at wits end here, one of the more frustrating things I’ve run into with this car. Any other tips? Anyone else had this issue?
cut it off you need new ones anyway

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag

C4825FF8-5537-4B8F-A5AC-F7DAD3858A4D.jpeg

now that it is loose get a reciprocating saw and cut the bolt