Swapping CTR Engine into the Sport Hatch?

dank82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport MT
Country flag
Just curious, has anyone tried swapping the K20C1 motor into the Civic Hatch Sport? Is it possible? And if so, how hard would it be, considering compatibility, drivetrain upgrade, wiring harness, engine bay size etc? Like I said, just wondering if anyone's done this. I haven't been able to find much information about it online, so I figured I'd ask here!
Sponsored

Last edited:

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

This guy did it with a si but I have no idea what they’re saying cause it’s in Spanish but it is possible to swap them.

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Theres probably a couple out there , but I'd be willing to bet that after sourcing a motor, harness, trans etc plus labor it's way cheaper to just buy a used type R. Probably why there aren't many floating around. A shame because the sport hatch has IMO the best styling and with the R motor, it would be perfect.

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2000,2017 hatch sport
Country flag
Theres probably a couple out there , but I'd be willing to bet that after sourcing a motor, harness, trans etc plus labor it's way cheaper to just buy a used type R. Probably why there aren't many floating around. A shame because the sport hatch has IMO the best styling and with the R motor, it would be perfect.
I feel you on that!

OP
OP

dank82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport MT
Country flag
Yeah, I totally agree! I also think it has the best look out of the lineup, would be a dream come true. Looking around California, it's nearly impossible to find a used Type R for under 30K. New crate motor + trans, harness, labor etc. would maybe range up to 15K and higher. Factoring in the cost of the Sport, it would just be over the amount for a new Type R at 36K. Sounds like a fun idea if money is no object.

OP
OP

dank82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport MT
Country flag
OP
OP

dank82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport MT
Country flag
what's the difference in engine bay size?
Pretty sure they're the same size, since they're basically the same base car.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
The cost of the motor alone is around $8K. 4Piston Racing now sells fully built K20C1's for around that price point. The trans and assorted other parts will be.... more.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

milk_jug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si sedan
Country flag
interested in this is well, no I don't want to sell my sedan and get a type r. I actually really like how my sedan looks. wondering how far 10k would get me. after quick search I found long block (no harness) and tranny for around 9k together... I think once hasport has a mount kit/axle for the c1 swap and a company like rywire releases a wire kit it will be more common, opposed to making everything custom. I'm in no rush

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
interested in this is well, no I don't want to sell my sedan and get a type r. I actually really like how my sedan looks. wondering how far 10k would get me. after quick search I found long block (no harness) and tranny for around 9k together... I think once hasport has a mount kit/axle for the c1 swap and a company like rywire releases a wire kit it will be more common, opposed to making everything custom. I'm in no rush
I’d love to see someone do an older k20/k24 swap then turbo it. Those motors love boost. That would be cool.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Honestly guys, it's a great engine and all, but if you're going to go CTR swap, you might as well swap in a built one. The stock engine will start tapping out at around 400 whp.
Sponsored