Swapped out the climate Controls

mnksauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2005 RSX Type S
Country flag
Just tried this mod with this climate control unit, and it's a no-go...unless I got a dud unit but the passenger airbag lights up so I'm guessing this particular model is incompatible. Damn...
Was the passenger airbag light the only thing that was wrong?

If so, technically not wrong. The passenger airbag is turned off if there is no weight detected on the seat.

Sponsored

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Was the passenger airbag light the only thing that was wrong?

If so, technically not wrong. The passenger airbag is turned off if there is no weight detected on the seat.
I tried unplugging the battery and resetting everything before giving up entirely, and IT WORKED! So I guess for the people trying out this mod, if it doesn't work out of the box, got to do the ol' battery unplug and reset.

Honda Civic 10th gen Swapped out the climate Controls IMG_1066

Honda Civic 10th gen Swapped out the climate Controls IMG_1065

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
Swapped mine out today, Def not going back to the original. Love it :thumbsup: Thanks again @Trey for posting this up.

HGvLoZA.jpg

V6wobhB.jpg
Nicely done. Did you get the piece of Ebay or get a brand new one? Looks really mint.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been seeing people do this and I just don't get it...

Do you guys have issues setting the temp with the current knob that the R comes with? Mine changes just fine

BerzerkerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I've been seeing people do this and I just don't get it...

Do you guys have issues setting the temp with the current knob that the R comes with? Mine changes just fine
Im thinking about doing this too. The climate controls on the CTR is way too slow and unresponsive at times. I think pple want to beable to set the fan speed without having to click the climate control button wait 5-6secs then click the fan speed again. That is why I want to do this. and i dont use the dual temp anyways.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im thinking about doing this too. The climate controls on the CTR is way too slow and unresponsive at times. I think pple want to beable to set the fan speed without having to click the climate control button wait 5-6secs then click the fan speed again. That is why I want to do this. and i dont use the dual temp anyways.
oh, I never use the touch screen, I just use the knob and it changes for me right away (leave it on auto usually)...that's why I'm so confused lol. At first when I saw images of people putting that in, I had to go out to my car and make sure I was crazy. I started to wonder "don't I have knobs for controlling my AC?" lol

BerzerkerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
oh, I never use the touch screen, I just use the knob and it changes for me right away (leave it on auto usually)...that's why I'm so confused lol. At first when I saw images of people putting that in, I had to go out to my car and make sure I was crazy. I started to wonder "don't I have knobs for controlling my AC?" lol
Yeah, they look very similar except for the ones with the screen. But, its a pain when u cant adjust the fan speed immediately. First world problems lol

BerzerkerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Took me 8 min to install. Super easy. I think everyone should try this.
Was all plug and play

Honda Civic 10th gen Swapped out the climate Controls 20180629_082935

BerzerkerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Lol I never use it...don't see why a few here do? Just use the temp control. Quick and easy.
1. I hate how laggy the LCD is and having to hit climate then wait 5secs then tap the fan speed.
2. My old 2015 si was quicker and less laggy so used to a more responsive headunit
Sponsored