Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 SGP
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hello, I have a question: does anybody knows how to disassembly this panel. The idea is to paint front side in black piano.

This current view of my Honda interior:

panel.jpg

I want to paint the element marked with crosses (panel is for RHD but it is ok to show the idea).

how paint.png
Hello, I have a question: does anybody knows how to disassembly this panel. The idea is to paint front side in black piano.

panel.jpg

I want to paint the element marked with crosses (panel is for RHD but it is ok to show the idea).

how paint.png
Check this out I took mine apart and wrapped with gloss black. Looks good. The knobs do come off with some pressure. Doesn’t feel like they should but constant increasing pressure did pop them off. Once the knobs are off remove the screws and the face comes off. After that small plastic tabs will pull the silver trim off. I didn’t take the clear plastic off. Im sure with some heat it will come off but I didn’t feel like going that hard on it.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally pulled the trigger and got the jdm style climate control unit. I hated having to push that stupid climate button to load the screen on the head unit. This is so much better i love having the actual screen instead. I did need to take the passenger airbag sensor off my old unit and put it on new one .

5FC246CC-A55C-4741-A2A3-2B0EFA500C54.jpeg

AF34F368-E12D-4A78-821C-E5BA7AE22733.jpeg
got a link to that panel?

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR R-01658, 2017 CTR R-00692, 2006 Civic Si Coupe Supercharged, 1997 Civic LX Sedan CTR Style
Country flag
@snyperwolf62 - & everyone swapping factory CTR Climate Control.

Snyper, Part number 79603-TBA-A91ZB is what you have pictured correct?

If you haven’t solved your issue of fan speed control yet there’s some mention in this thread stating you MUST have factory setting on sync BEFORE swap, also you MIGHT get away with battery disconnect-wait x amount of time- battery reconnect and voila!

I believe this is the best unit here so far, IMO. If I was doing this mod, and I may just do so to have the extra functionality, having the extra heated seat buttons for some incognito Nitrous/methanol/security/ect. type functionality is the bees knees!
Piano black to match our CTR head unit trim and gives the functionality of adjusting fan without using our slow ass head units but keeps dual climate control, shiiiiiii!!!! WIN,WIN,WIN!

If you have a wife/husband/significant other they are going to be loving dual zone auto climate control(ACC) also and be giving you lots of love for not just thinking about your own impatient asses. May be THE reason y’all that don’t care to loose dual ACC don’t have anyone sitting CP at the ready about to give you some. J/K peeps don’t have a conniption!

Factory dual zone ACC is a high VALUE option. Once only offered in the Japanese domestic market back in the EF days.

Also, all you R owners make sure you keep your factory ACC units for your flagship civic, if/when you ever decide to sell your FK8. Potential buyers and His/her/it’s dime piece may roll up for a test drive and they are stuck having to be the same temp because you sold your R dual ACC for the price of a tank of fuel. Well, sh!t. I would take my unhappy ass right to the next seller cause I know my girl would be livid after a winter cruise, cause I like to be cold AF when I’m pushing R-00692, and instead of making me feel good she would be to distracted and upset trying to get herself warm! I assume our climate control is high dollar to buy new and probably even used also, in the off chance any of you sell it.

Phew….. excuse the rant please. Working on my story telling context for a book trilogy I’m working on….. 🙏🏼
-Kyle

3PointTurn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Quick question. I’m in the US. Is the ONLY feature lost with this mod just dual climate?

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quick question. I’m in the US. Is the ONLY feature lost with this mod just dual climate?
You are also unable to pull up the ac control screen on radio.

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
The dual climate doesn't work and the passenger side gets stuck on Lo, also heated seats buttons are reversed.

snyperwolf62

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX w/Honda Sensing
Country flag
@snyperwolf62 - & everyone swapping factory CTR Climate Control.

Snyper, Part number 79603-TBA-A91ZB is what you have pictured correct?

If you haven’t solved your issue of fan speed control yet there’s some mention in this thread stating you MUST have factory setting on sync BEFORE swap, also you MIGHT get away with battery disconnect-wait x amount of time- battery reconnect and voila!

I believe this is the best unit here so far, IMO. If I was doing this mod, and I may just do so to have the extra functionality, having the extra heated seat buttons for some incognito Nitrous/methanol/security/ect. type functionality is the bees knees!
Piano black to match our CTR head unit trim and gives the functionality of adjusting fan without using our slow ass head units but keeps dual climate control, shiiiiiii!!!! WIN,WIN,WIN!

If you have a wife/husband/significant other they are going to be loving dual zone auto climate control(ACC) also and be giving you lots of love for not just thinking about your own impatient asses. May be THE reason y’all that don’t care to loose dual ACC don’t have anyone sitting CP at the ready about to give you some. J/K peeps don’t have a conniption!

Factory dual zone ACC is a high VALUE option. Once only offered in the Japanese domestic market back in the EF days.

Also, all you R owners make sure you keep your factory ACC units for your flagship civic, if/when you ever decide to sell your FK8. Potential buyers and His/her/it’s dime piece may roll up for a test drive and they are stuck having to be the same temp because you sold your R dual ACC for the price of a tank of fuel. Well, sh!t. I would take my unhappy ass right to the next seller cause I know my girl would be livid after a winter cruise, cause I like to be cold AF when I’m pushing R-00692, and instead of making me feel good she would be to distracted and upset trying to get herself warm! I assume our climate control is high dollar to buy new and probably even used also, in the off chance any of you sell it.

Phew….. excuse the rant please. Working on my story telling context for a book trilogy I’m working on….. 🙏🏼
-Kyle
I've tried those methods, but it still won't acknowledge the speed control buttons. My only guess is that my head unit is old enough that it isn't programmed to recognize those buttons. Still haven't had any luck finding the correct head unit for sale, I'd like to find the exact part number of the head unit that usually matches this model of climate control, but I haven't found it yet. I check https://ahparts.com/used-auto-parts/honda/civic pretty frequently, but I can't get lucky enough lol

snyperwolf62

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX w/Honda Sensing
Country flag
I've tried those methods, but it still won't acknowledge the speed control buttons. My only guess is that my head unit is old enough that it isn't programmed to recognize those buttons. Still haven't had any luck finding the correct head unit for sale, I'd like to find the exact part number of the head unit that usually matches this model of climate control, but I haven't found it yet. I check https://ahparts.com/used-auto-parts/honda/civic pretty frequently, but I can't get lucky enough lol
https://ahparts.com/used-auto-parts/honda/civic/22-185-3 This car had it, but it was already sold and I can't check what the part number was :/

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag

panel.jpg

how paint.png
When I had a 2018, I bought & loved the unit on page 1 the OP posted about…. Fast fwd…. I now have a 2021. Would my side mirror defroster work with the unit I bought in page 1??…. (It just has the rear window defrost button)….Or do I need to upgrade to this one? If so…. Anyone have a part # for this one pictured with the mirror defroster button included?
Tia

arekp

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
.... If anyone knows any better, please chime in ?

I'm chiming in: bought the head unit and AC panel from 2020 Civic RS. Fan buttons still don't work when I installed both in my Type R

arekp

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Finally, all working - AC fan speed dial and head unit with volume dial.

Honda Civic 10th gen Swapped out the climate Controls 20230627_CTR_AC_headunit