Swallowing my pride and asking questions...

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how anybody done that turbo upgrade?
No one has a turbo upgrade that is released yet. Except for ososik for this 27Won turbo
Sponsored

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic ext 4dr sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's zero difference between the tune applied to your car between a v1.2 and 2.0. The Smartphone ap with Ktuner feature set is $4.99, so you don't even need a laptop. The Ktuner is seriously the best $455 (with ap) you can spend on your car right now.

After that, TIRES. A good set of rubber changes the whole feel and performance of the car. After that, if ya wanna get crazy go for an intercooler, downpipe, and maybe a CAI. Get a SRI if you just want a little extra growl coming from your engine bay.
do you mean you can change and load tunes with your phone in the v1 version !? I didn't do any research I just went ahead and bought the V2

OP
OP

ek5.56

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
do you mean you can change and load tunes with your phone in the v1 version !? I didn't do any research I just went ahead and bought the V2
I dont know about this. From what I understand, and I could be wrong, you can use the app to monitor things, but you need a laptop still to flash the initial tune, or reflash it back to stock. I hope I'm wrong, and that the app literally eliminates the need for a laptop because I have a macbook and I'm not buying another computer just for that.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag

OP
OP

ek5.56

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP

ek5.56

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Already bought it..... thanks for the Info. I’ll keep it in mind if I ever break it or sell it.
sell it and buy the cheaper one. you should be able to get your money back or close to it.

question for you tuned folks. I've had people tell me that laptop obviously doesnt need to stay in the car, but the device (being the tuner) does need to remain plugged in. Is this true? Seems like a pain in the ass to have that cable running loose. Assume you're not doing datalogging... the tuner can't be unplugged??

Sal Bandini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
You only need to keep the tuner plugged in if you want to datalog. Otherwise just unplug it and keep it at home.

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
sell it and buy the cheaper one. you should be able to get your money back or close to it.

question for you tuned folks. I've had people tell me that laptop obviously doesnt need to stay in the car, but the device (being the tuner) does need to remain plugged in. Is this true? Seems like a pain in the ass to have that cable running loose. Assume you're not doing datalogging... the tuner can't be unplugged??
There’s videos on YouTube on how to remove all the dashboard & surrounding parts if you want to get creative. I’ve seen one person that has a good wire tuck but he tapped into his Airbag trim by the window. Little to risky for me.

OP
OP

ek5.56

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
There’s videos on YouTube on how to remove all the dashboard & surrounding parts if you want to get creative. I’ve seen one person that has a good wire tuck but he tapped into his Airbag trim by the window. Little to risky for me.
Yea I know I can get in there and dismantle things to tuck the wires, but I don't want to waste my time doing that if I can just take it out. In the event I need/want to log any data, I'll just plug it in, bunch up the wire and keep it in my door or on the seat next to me until I'm done. But as long as I can take it out. I'll just keep it in the glove box or at home.

foehammerone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Pretty much my thoughts on it as well. CAI - yes. Tuner - eventually. Thats honestly probably as far as I'll take things on the performance side. Exhaust...maybe. Tires, when I need them. Wheels, if I can afford the cost of some nice black wheels when I get new tires.
This is pretty much my setup. I have a ktuner with the 19/23 base map tune and a Mishimoto SRI for cool intake / turbo spool sound. It works pretty well. I'm contemplating getting a charge pipe for more turbo sound and a custom tune to help keep the clutch from glazing when I drive it hard.

OP
OP

ek5.56

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
This is pretty much my setup. I have a ktuner with the 19/23 base map tune and a Mishimoto SRI for cool intake / turbo spool sound. It works pretty well. I'm contemplating getting a charge pipe for more turbo sound and a custom tune to help keep the clutch from glazing when I drive it hard.
My PRL cai installed. Absolutely love it! When/if I do the tuner, I'll probably just do the +6 map for sport mode. That seems to be the map people go with that dont want to deal with having to upgrade their clutch. I've actually been thinking about the PRL or AEM charge pipe as well, but wasn't really sure if its worth it with a stock intercooler. I tried looking for before/after sound clips and feedback, but I can't find anyone that has the charge pipe BEFORE all these other mods. I keep finding videos of people installing it after a CAI, downpipe, exhaust mods, and honestly I couldnt hear any difference with these other factors in place.

I've watched so many videos of different exhausts and I have yet to hear one I really like. Too high pitch, too raspy, too canny, too much crackling and popping, or combos of these. I heard the Invidia 400 and really liked that but I don't even think its out yet. The Magnaflow sounds pretty good but Im not shelling out that kind of money for "pretty good". I actually really like the low rumble/hum inside the cabin with just the cai so I'm in no rush whatsoever. And under power, I think it sounds good as is. The right exhaust would be a very similar sound, only louder when on the throttle, and a little louder outside the car.
Sponsored