Suzuka LE lap record

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CW Type R
Country flag
What's the time for the standard R model?

OP
OP

nunoctr

First Name
nuno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk2
Country flag
don't know but the renault megane throphy R time is 2.25,00

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Wonder what the devices/stickers etc that they pixelated out were (center dash and left corner). Anyone have any idea?

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wonder what the devices/stickers etc that they pixelated out were (center dash and left corner). Anyone have any idea?
Probably certain guages and monitoring systems they installed to monitor conditions.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Wow, hit like 150mph on the straights. Also, I guess they removed that annoying piped in sound on the LE model? The natural sound of the CTR isn't the best sounding out there, but much better than that annoying fake noise on the base 2020s. The LE has better tires, but wondering if the springs and dampers have been substantially uprated as well.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Wow, hit like 150mph on the straights. Also, I guess they removed that annoying piped in sound on the LE model? The natural sound of the CTR isn't the best sounding out there, but much better than that annoying fake noise on the base 2020s. The LE has better tires, but wondering if the springs and dampers have been substantially uprated as well.
2020 does have updated dampers which can adjust 2x more than the 2019 does. Also I think the rear control arms were changed as well. Overall they claim more traction in +R mode and a softer comfort mode. This is all from the 2020 model.

Waynegro372

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A mule
Country flag
Iā€™m curious how much faster it is than a standard ā€˜20. Itā€™s roughly 50lbs lighter and has slightly different dampers and steering. Thatā€™s a pretty impressive lap time. I wonder what it will do on the Nurburgring?

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
2020 does have updated dampers which can adjust 2x more than the 2019 does. Also I think the rear control arms were changed as well. Overall they claim more traction in +R mode and a softer comfort mode. This is all from the 2020 model.
I'm wondering if the LE dampers just got a minor tweak from the base 2020 ones (if there's a difference at all), or if they are significantly more aggressive. Would be nice to have much stiffer springs and dampers and have the car sit half an inch lower. Don't understand the need to have compromise and make the base CTR cushy like a Lincoln Town Car, even if it performs very well despite that. They will still sell every CTR they make even if they "narrowed" the appeal lol. Maybe I just have a high tolerance for stiffness since I have no issues daily driving the S2000 with CR suspension (which is noticeably harder than the CTR in +R mode), or doing round trips halfway across the country in it hah.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Don't get too excited about the performance upgrades on the LE. Most of the performance was from the Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. The BBS wheels aren't even that light. The UK/Japan spec LE don't have AC. Most people aren't going to tolerate that. You can do better by running lightweight 18s and a set of Advan A052 tires.

I wonder if they ran it at night because the car was overheating during the daytime. :)

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CW Type R
Country flag
Itā€™s interesting thereā€™s no comparison to the old times. Leads me to believe the differences are marginal compared to the cost.

On the positive at least they didnā€™t fake the sounds of the car like in the 2017 commercial which sounded like a RS3.

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
Don't get too excited about the performance upgrades on the LE. Most of the performance was from the Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. The BBS wheels aren't even that light. The UK/Japan spec LE don't have AC. Most people aren't going to tolerate that. You can do better by running lightweight 18s and a set of Advan A052 tires.

I wonder if they ran it at night because the car was overheating during the daytime. :)
Lmao I was thinking the exact same thing. If they waited until evening so the temps drop

OLDRICR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Country flag
This was done in February so I doubt temperatures were a problem! If wheels and tires were all it took to beat Renaultā€™s record it would have been done before the LE.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
This was done in February so I doubt temperatures were a problem! If wheels and tires were all it took to beat Renaultā€™s record it would have been done before the LE.
They have to sell cars. What better way to promote this car than to set a new record?

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
When watching this I find myself staring so hard at the temp gauge to see if I can tell if it's overheating or not.
Sponsored