Suspensions are squeaking in sport mode

OneMiggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Si
Country flag
I have a 2017 Si Sedan, 45000+ miles, stock suspensions. I just tried driving a little bit harder in sport mode and have noticed that the suspensions were squeaking around corners and on some bumps. But you can only hear it in sport, I drove home in comfort and didn't hear anything for the rest of the drive. Anyone know the possible cause and how to fix it?
Sponsored

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
I have a 2017 Si Sedan, 45000+ miles, stock suspensions. I just tried driving a little bit harder in sport mode and have noticed that the suspensions were squeaking around corners and on some bumps. But you can only hear it in sport, I drove home in comfort and didn't hear anything for the rest of the drive. Anyone know the possible cause and how to fix it?
Try a little Silicone spray on the bushings, that may stop the squeaking that you hear.
If the noise goes away, then you may want to consider replacing those with Polyeurothane or just the stock units; dependant on your budget.

OP
OP
OneMiggle

OneMiggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Si
Country flag
Try a little Silicone spray on the bushings, that may stop the squeaking that you hear.
If the noise goes away, then you may want to consider replacing those with Polyeurothane or just the stock units; dependant on your budget.
I figured I'd go that route. Any guess why it's only audible in sport? Is it really just because the dampers are stiffer?

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
I figured I'd go that route. Any guess why it's only audible in sport? Is it really just because the dampers are stiffer?
That is the most plausible cause, since sport increases the "tension" OR "retraction". Suspension squeaking predominantly revolves around the bushings. If it were the joints themselves, then you may notice something only getting into the car and/or "knocking" instead of squeaking, but that is not your case here. Just appears that when things tighten up you hear things. Sounds minor, since it is now only happening in Sport/M.
Getting under and lubricating with some Silicone also gives you a chance to just look around and wiggle shtuff :)
Sponsored