Suspension System (ADS) problem...

kingkha82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si(FC1), 1998 Toyota Tacoma, 2015 Toyota Highlander
So I went for a cruise yesterday afternoon, driving in Sport Mode, like I always do the whole way and when I got back in my car I got this 'suspension system problem' message. Reset my ECU and it went away. Drove home fine. Thought everything was gravy until I got in my car again this morning and received the same message. Anyone have an idea what the hell is going on? And what I can do to permanently remedy the problem. Thanks in advance. Figured I seek advice on here before hitting up Honda.

Honda Civic 10th gen Suspension System (ADS) problem... 1008171724
Sponsored

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how did you reset the ECU? (for my own knowledge)

JaimeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
This happened to me today. I had just swapped out my winter you're wheel set yesterday and thought that might have something to do with it. Will try the reset. Thanks!

R-05148

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I know this post is old, but this came up on my dash today. When I googled “Civic Type R Suspension System ADS Problem” the first thing that popped up was this thread. I took the car in and it came up with a DTC for low voltage. The battery was replaced under warranty and problem solved. Just wanted to add my solution to this to help someone else who may have the same issue.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
This happened to me today. Tried the reset, it was a no-go. I have an appt tomorrow at the dealer. ??‍♀

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
This happened to me today. Tried the reset, it was a no-go. I have an appt tomorrow at the dealer. ??‍♀
This is the exact issue I had when I got my windows tinted. The dealer fixed it under warranty and replaced the module

N1Chi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
This is the exact issue I had when I got my windows tinted. The dealer fixed it under warranty and replaced the module
I know this is old but do you exactly what happened? I just got my windows tinted today and driving home I got the warning. I sat in a parking lot while scheduling an appointment and the warning went away. I drove it another 50+ miles and nothing. Just want to get some idea of what it could be in the event the dealer can recreate the warning.

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I know this is old but do you exactly what happened? I just got my windows tinted today and driving home I got the warning. I sat in a parking lot while scheduling an appointment and the warning went away. I drove it another 50+ miles and nothing. Just want to get some idea of what it could be in the event the dealer can recreate the warning.
Same here got this ads message when i got my windows tinted like 6 months ago. it went away and will come up like once every couple of months

yungee2b

First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Type R
Country flag
I have 2018 CTR and ADS light came on and off.. Mind you i have 43k miles and no warranty. Took it in to dealer and they said it was a bad solonoid on the strut and had to be replace. but everything works . I haven't gotten it fix yet. I have the strut to replace.