Best daily/performance suspension upgrades for the Si

• Total voters

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Aftermarket endlinks tend to be noisy, not worth changing. Camber kit you don't need if you're still in alignment.

Subframe brace, I didn't feel any real difference but for $20, why not, and I was under the car anyway.

Rear sway bar is night and day difference. Went with whiteline 22 on soft setting (123% stiffer than SI bar) and it's perfect for me. Accord metal endlinks are $30, again for quietness. It highlights the need for better tires and lowering springs, which you already have.

If it's a daily, 26 is too much IMO but YMMV. Would suggest looking at the 22. Also stupid easy to do on the SI. Strut bars have diminished results the higher tier civic you go, but it looks good and isn't expensive so not a terrible choice either.

Last edited:
OP
OP
olesaintnik

olesaintnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What makes the anti lift kit uncomfortable for daily driving? Just bought the super pro lower controls arms. Don’t know if those bushings are just as stiff.
Have you installed those control arms yet? Do you like them?

The Type R subframe brace added just a little bit of firmness, enough I could feel the car reacting more predictably to quick left-right changes or lifting the throttle mid-corner. Not a huge improvement but for a $15 part it’s absolutely worth it.

The trunk brace will firm up the rear end, the sedan has a decent amount of flex in the rear. Same impact - better feedback to the driver and more predictable especially in quick changes. Strut bar is the same also but our fronts are already pretty strong, I wonder how much of a difference it will actually make.
Wow, a $15 upgrade is hard to argue with! Does it have any drawbacks?

Does the coupe have similar rear flex to the sedan or is it stiff enough to not need the trunk brace?

Aftermarket endlinks tend to be noisy, not worth changing. Camber kit you don't need if you're still in alignment.

Subframe brace, I didn't feel any real difference but for $20, why not, and I was under the car anyway.

Rear sway bar is night and day difference. Went with whiteline 22 on soft setting (123% stiffer than SI bar) and it's perfect for me. Accord metal endlinks are $30, again for quietness. It highlights the need for better tires and lowering springs, which you already have.

If it's a daily, 26 is too much IMO but YMMV. Would suggest looking at the 22. Also stupid easy to do on the SI. Strut bars have diminished results the higher tier civic you go, but it looks good and isn't expensive so not a terrible choice either.
Good to know -- definitely don't want lots of added noise. The alignment shop said my camber is only slightly out of spec... I'm wondering how much of a difference that will make on tread life.

Yeah, hard to argue with a $20 upgrade haha. Upgrades that cheap are a rarity for sure.

I think the whiteline 22 would be a good choice for me -- big improvement over OEM without sacrificing comfort. And those Accord endlinks seem to be a good compromise too -- improvment over the plastic OEM ones, but without the added noise. Did you add the Accord endlinks to the front as well, or just the rear?

Thanks for the info on the strut bar. It's interesting to hear the different effects it has on different Civic tiers.

SCcanyoncrvr

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

Does the coupe have similar rear flex to the sedan or is it stiff enough to not need the trunk brace?

Good to know -- definitely don't want lots of added noise. The alignment shop said my camber is only slightly out of spec... I'm wondering how much of a difference that will make on tread life.

Yeah, hard to argue with a $20 upgrade haha. Upgrades that cheap are a rarity for sure.

I think the whiteline 22 would be a good choice for me -- big improvement over OEM without sacrificing comfort. And those Accord endlinks seem to be a good compromise too -- improvment over the plastic OEM ones, but without the added noise. Did you add the Accord endlinks to the front as well, or just the rear?

Thanks for the info on the strut bar. It's interesting to hear the different effects it has on different Civic tiers.
If you’re looking for better rotation around corners alignment is 1000% needed. Trust me when I say this. You can view my profile and watch my videos in the canyon and on the track. @brakefastclub_kev I do spirited drives every weekend and daily drive my car.

OP
OP
olesaintnik

olesaintnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you’re looking for better rotation around corners alignment is 1000% needed. Trust me when I say this. You can view my profile and watch my videos in the canyon and on the track. @brakefastclub_kev I do spirited drives every weekend and daily drive my car.
Awesome, thanks again for the advice! How much negative camber do you use in your setup?

Does my slightly out of spec camber from the lowering springs negatively affect my rotation around corners in a big way? Or do you just mean that getting it dialed in with the spc arms will cause a huge positive difference?

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag

Just the rear. I don't think I'll be messing with the front at all.

My advice is to change 1 thing at a time. See what the next thing needed is. It's a huge PITA to try and chase down the right feeling when you've changed 100 things.

SCcanyoncrvr

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Awesome, thanks again for the advice! How much negative camber do you use in your setup?

Does my slightly out of spec camber from the lowering springs negatively affect my rotation around corners in a big way? Or do you just mean that getting it dialed in with the spc arms will cause a huge positive difference?
I am running -1.8 front and -2 rear. The factory alignment is designed for slight understeer which is safer for most drivers. But under hard cornering the car will just push forward vs actually turning and Your tires will wear out on the outside before anything.

yes you will notice a difference and I also said get the rear sway bar too. So I don’t have to exit this message, you running upgraded wheels and tires?

OP
OP
olesaintnik

olesaintnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am running -1.8 front and -2 rear. The factory alignment is designed for slight understeer which is safer for most drivers. But under hard cornering the car will just push forward vs actually turning and Your tires will wear out on the outside before anything.

yes you will notice a difference and I also said get the rear sway bar too. So I don’t have to exit this message, you running upgraded wheels and tires?
Yeah definitely planning on getting the rear sway bar ? I'll probably go with the whiteline 22 for a more moderate setup. I am running upgraded wheels and tires -- Enkei TM7 and Michelin PS4S

Dawsfc3

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag

I haven’t install them yet, still waiting for them to get delivered.

rr1443

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
fa500 10k swift front/8k rear
whiteline front endlinks
whiteline 22mm rsb w/ accord endlinks
truhart camber kit

this is my daily. in canyons my biggest issue was suspension just wasn't stiff enough, after coilovers everything felt more planted but rear was sloppy, thus whiteline rsb
camber kit was just for adjustability to fit wheel/tire combo, front endlinks if ur lowered, doesnt really make a difference in driving

if you're thinking coils would be too stiff, FA (and most brands im sure) does a great job with damper adjustment. on full soft, its surprisingly comfortable, on full stiff its pretty stiff (sorta unbearable with potholes, bumps on freeway, every significant bump/crack feels like its hitting ur soul) but on soft it soaks everything in just fine.

also, for those who went coilovers and have suspension error, most people go hks, d2 for ads bypass, those are all somewhere around 320-450+. TEIN makes an ads bypass for our cars that does the exact same thing. i got mine for 240.

18Aegeansedan

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean blue si sedan, 99 f250 v10
Country flag
K-tuned springs, whiteline rsb with accord endlinks, whiteline front endlinks, dc front strut bar, and spc rear camber kit, and 255/35/18’s on some enkei NT03’s in a 18x9.5 + 40 make my si handle really good. On some turns I pull the rear tire off the ground.

OP
OP
olesaintnik

olesaintnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
K-tuned springs, whiteline rsb with accord endlinks, whiteline front endlinks, dc front strut bar, and spc rear camber kit, and 255/35/18’s on some enkei NT03’s in a 18x9.5 + 40 make my si handle really good. On some turns I pull the rear tire off the ground.
Woah, is pulling the rear tire off the ground a good thing? ? Sounds more dangerous!

Is there a reason you went with Accord endlinks in the rear but whiteline endlinks in the front?

Thanks for your input!

18Aegeansedan

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Woah, is pulling the rear tire off the ground a good thing? ? Sounds more dangerous!

Is there a reason you went with Accord endlinks in the rear but whiteline endlinks in the front?

Thanks for your input!
Accord endlinks have a metal body, stock si’s are molded plastic. The whiteline adjustable front end links are needed when you lower the car, and you can fine tune the front sway bar. Plenty of YouTube videos on front sway bar adjustable endlinks as far as adjusting.

18Aegeansedan

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Accord endlinks have a metal body, stock si’s are molded plastic. The whiteline adjustable front end links are needed when you lower the car, and you can fine tune the front sway bar. Plenty of YouTube videos on front sway bar adjustable endlinks as far as adjusting.
Most coil overs come with new front endlinks.
Sponsored