Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So you have 3 tracks within reasonable distance! Not bad at all. :thumbsup:
Don't forget Dominion in VA also. There is a lot to do very close to MD!

Not to mention an endless spaghetti bowl of hills and curves in western MD to explore.

Summit Point is a lot of fun, with multiple tracks, the most challenging being the Shenandoah Circuit. It's tight and requires a lot of attention.

http://racetrackdriving.com/track-guide/summit-point-shenandoah/

Check the video for a look at the Nurburgring Karussel replica. Definitely left some of my car behind when dropping into that during my first time there. :)
Sponsored

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
So that gets you stage two but your rear brakes will still grab a bit and the engine will cut. Your not full off on the nannies until there is a car flashing on your dash
Are you sure? According to the manual and dash display on my 2020, putting the car in R mode and holding the VSA control for the second beep cuts out all the nannies. Have to admit I had the car at the track recently for the first time and didn't feel any power cuts at all or sudden application of the brakes. I have driven other cars with the nannies partially on but not the CTR. Maybe others can advise.

finch_first

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Are you sure? According to the manual and dash display on my 2020, putting the car in R mode and holding the VSA control for the second beep cuts out all the nannies. Have to admit I had the car at the track recently for the first time and didn't feel any power cuts at all or sudden application of the brakes. I have driven other cars with the nannies partially on but not the CTR. Maybe others can advise.
Take it for what you want to but if you don’t do pedal dance your not full off there is 3 stages of nanny shut of for CTR. 2020 is not exempt from this as we have had a few come through on some lapping days. Pedal dance save your rear brakes.

finch_first

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Just wanted to start a discussion to talk about suspension setup for the track. Provide your overall handling impressions given your setup. I can start.

Alignment:
Toe: 0 F, 0 R
Camber: -1.6 F, -1.5 R
Caster: Factory

Tires/wheels:
18x8.5 +55
245/40/18 Potenza S007A

Tire pressures (hot):
35F, 38R

All factory springs, dampers, stabilizer bars, etc.

The goal isn't for the fastest lap time. Just trying to achieve a more balanced car and continue to develop better car handling skills. As I build more confidence, I can move away from a less understeering setup and into a more neutral setup.

Front tire roll over is right at the small triangle. Rears aren't rolling over at all. Minimal understeer. Rear never stepped out.

I think I'll try 35f and 40r (hot) tire pressures next time to see if I can get the car to rotate even easier.

In the future, may consider the EVS slotted front ball joints to get -2.7 front camber. Generally, I don't like tweaking too many things at the same time as it's difficult to determine what worked and didn't work.
Okay new update on track car suspension setup for the track.

Alignment:
Toe: 0.05F each side , 0.05R each side
Camber: -3.1F, -3.1R
Caster: Factory maxed

Tires/wheels
18x9.5 + 38 I believe
265/ 35/ 18 Zestino ...... a mush mash of rubber 3 different tread wears from 4 different old sets. Front left 180, front right 140, rears 240. Yes you have read right. Had to use these up

Tire pressures (hot):
31-32f. 31-32r

Tires/wheels set up 2:
18x9.5 + 38 I believe
240/640/35/18 I think is what it is. I should know that lol. (Not wise enough). Zestino 40 twr full slick (time attack tire). For the cost amd how long they last. Will be ordering more sets of these in the future:). My personal best is set on them.

Tire pressures (hot):

this one is tufff with the slicks as I get the fronts screaming hot. Start out low 20s cold get them up to 39-40 the. Bless them down to 25 the. They pressure back up after 4 laps. They are so ridiculously consistent. I just can’t keep from building pressure. Car is again so well dialed in on this set you woth this tyre. Wear is looking better than when I had the 3.5 up front and I also do t have the issue with the car wheel spin on exit on low speed corners (manageable) at this point. No hopping of the fronts under hard braking either now. Honestly it’s a totally different animal now:)

All factory springs, dampers, stabilizer bars, etc. I do have rear camber arms and lower ball joints endless pads factory rotors.

So this is the new set up and I have to say this is the best the car has felt. Wow honestly wow it’s so “confidence inspiring” said by the guy that has one of the fastest fwd times at our local track. tire wear was so good today this set up is going to go a long way for me in not killing my tyres on track so quickly.

such a good day at track today.

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2020 BMW M2c , 2020 LR Defender 110
Country flag
Just drove the car home from it’s first mods and alignment. This starter numbers are with Megan front camber joints, adjustable rear arms, and K Tuned springs. Pins were not pulled. Those lower joints give you a lot of adjustment! I originally wanted -3 camber all around but the alignment guy suggested starting at -2.5 F and -2 R until I feel a need to go with more. I won’t be surprised if I do down the road given that I usually track cars with -3 or more camber. Will be shaking it down at an SCCA Track Night mid October.

Honda Civic 10th gen Suspension setup discussion for the track 4F854AB9-FF67-4CED-AE95-E8FFFB7EFA6F

Honda Civic 10th gen Suspension setup discussion for the track 84DAFA77-F441-47FE-A879-939AC5460C26

finch_first

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Just drove the car home from it’s first mods and alignment. This starter numbers are with Megan front camber joints, adjustable rear arms, and K Tuned springs. Pins were not pulled. Those lower joints give you a lot of adjustment! I originally wanted -3 camber all around but the alignment guy suggested starting at -2.5 F and -2 R until I feel a need to go with more. I won’t be surprised if I do down the road given that I usually track cars with -3 or more camber. Will be shaking it down at an SCCA Track Night mid October.

4F854AB9-FF67-4CED-AE95-E8FFFB7EFA6F.jpeg

84DAFA77-F441-47FE-A879-939AC5460C26.jpeg
Looking good:)

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looking good:)
Thanks! We’ll see how that works out on the track. Between the little pinch and wide patch on the A052 I already pretty much know the -3 is in my future. But I’ll give the alignment guy a chance since he builds race cars like McLarens and Gt3’s. ?

finch_first

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Thanks! We’ll see how that works out on the track. Between the little pinch and wide patch on the A052 I already pretty much know the -3 is in my future. But I’ll give the alignment guy a chance since he builds race cars like McLarens and Gt3’s. ?
The a052 is an amazing tire. Best 200twr I have ever used. The a052 loves camber loves it. Honestly that’s a good starting point. Also helps with street wear if your driving on the hwy:) your going to love it:)

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The a052 is an amazing tire. Best 200twr I have ever used. The a052 loves camber loves it. Honestly that’s a good starting point. Also helps with street wear if your driving on the hwy:) your going to love it:)
Luckily the Type R is pretty much a Cars and Coffee and track car so very low road use. I have heard that about this tire so looking forward to it’s performance. It’ll be light years ahead of my last set of RS4’s I’m sure.

AR-Delta

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag

4F854AB9-FF67-4CED-AE95-E8FFFB7EFA6F.jpeg

84DAFA77-F441-47FE-A879-939AC5460C26.jpeg
Basically what I started at too. Ended up adding a little more negative camber after a few track days. -3* would be just fine and you’ll know as soon as you turn a few laps ?

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Basically what I started at too. Ended up adding a little more negative camber after a few track days. -3* would be just fine and you’ll know as soon as you turn a few laps ?
There’s a time attack event this Sunday...tossing around the idea of entering. That’s perfect for the Type R as it sits because not turning multiple hard laps back to back causing cooling issues. I’d definitely get a quick feel for this set up. ?

AR-Delta

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
There’s a time attack event this Sunday...tossing around the idea of entering. That’s perfect for the Type R as it sits because not turning multiple hard laps back to back causing cooling issues. I’d definitely get a quick feel for this set up. ?
Absolutely! That’s what I’m doing this weekend, standing start time attack ?

Like I said, my alignment is pretty similar. Could use a little more rotation with the A052 but it’ll do for now.

Honda Civic 10th gen Suspension setup discussion for the track 1F309BBF-6C64-4600-B6DE-95972618E314

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Absolutely! That’s what I’m doing this weekend, standing start time attack ?

Like I said, my alignment is pretty similar. Could use a little more rotation with the A052 but it’ll do for now.

1F309BBF-6C64-4600-B6DE-95972618E314.jpeg
I’ve done standing start TA a few times and it felt too much like AutoX to me. Where and what track is this at? I did that style at PPIR in Colorado.

finch_first

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Luckily the Type R is pretty much a Cars and Coffee and track car so very low road use. I have heard that about this tire so looking forward to it’s performance. It’ll be light years ahead of my last set of RS4’s I’m sure.
Rs4 is not in the same league just make sure you get your pressure right:)

finch_first

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
So good do it
Sponsored