_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey whats up guys before I get to the noise just pointing out I just put my coilovers on probably 3 weeks ago & now all of a sudden I'm hearing a clunking / something is stuck to my wheel making some swirling noise when I accelerate. when I'm at a dead stop & clutch goes in & I'm in first gear slowly the car moves I hear a clunking noise as well. To my acknowledgement I believe my axle might not be placed in right or something happened there because I only hear it when the car is accelerating.
Sponsored

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe (SOLD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This doesn't sound like the clunking I had. I got my BC coilovers installed about a month ago and it was done incorrectly. They were knocking / popping like crazy in the back. I took them somewhere else and they corrected it. No more knocking now. Apparently the shocks were loose in the back. Also I needed new bushings in the rear. They were cracked in 3 different places and totally destroyed.

nycmikey2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This doesn't sound like the clunking I had. I got my BC coilovers installed about a month ago and it was done incorrectly. They were knocking / popping like crazy in the back. I took them somewhere else and they corrected it. No more knocking now. Apparently the shocks were loose in the back. Also I needed new bushings in the rear. They were cracked in 3 different places and totally destroyed.
I got the same coils just today started hearing this clunking noises in the back. Guess I might have the same issue.

OP
OP
_.berr

_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
To my acknowledgement the clunking noise appearantly has to do with mechanical shifting ( I don't believe it ) I've read the rear motor mount on our cars suck ass. I checked my axles & they're fine might have to torque down the suspension to its actual settings. But I am still have a noise when I drive like a swirling noise might be the rotor or brake pads because I've double checked everything

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
To my acknowledgement the clunking noise appearantly has to do with mechanical shifting ( I don't believe it ) I've read the rear motor mount on our cars suck ass. I checked my axles & they're fine might have to torque down the suspension to its actual settings. But I am still have a noise when I drive like a swirling noise might be the rotor or brake pads because I've double checked everything
You know in my experience people say stuff like that when they abuse their car (not referring to you), drive it improperly etc. For example people say the stock clutch sucks, but at the same time run higher boost than it was designed for or WOT at low RPM in 5th or 6th gear, or even....shift improperly if I dare say. I've had my car 1 year, I have driven 15K thru harsh conditions, multiple trips between Northern and Southern Cal and have had zero issues...well except for when I hit that giant pothole in LA a couple weeks back! My mechanic just did a full inspection and everything is in top shape. Anyway, let me shut my mouth....

OP
OP
_.berr

_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I agree most of the people on the forums take it to the dealer & tell them hey so & so is messing up can you check? These so called mechanics at the dealers not saying all are horrible but will blame it's the nature of the car don't worry & pass the word to others when in reality something is really wrong lol IMO these cars are good but I feel like this was rushed from factory. Potholes in LA are no joke especially in South Central - Downtown - Korea Town #NoBueno

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
i was having a rubbing sound on my car and figured out it was the metal clip that the brake pad sits inside of on the front caliper. it had slid out and was rubbing on the rotor. just have to give it a tap once in a while to keep it centered.

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
i was having a rubbing sound on my car and figured out it was the metal clip that the brake pad sits inside of on the front caliper. it had slid out and was rubbing on the rotor. just have to give it a tap once in a while to keep it centered.
was the rubbing sound more prone at low speed? Mine is making a rubbing sound and its fricking loud at low speed, coming from the brakes. Same rubbing sound when I brake. Can you explain what part you are talking about and what do you mean by tapping it?

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
it was at all speeds really. more lateral load made it louder.
it is the metal clip the goes between the brake pad and the caliper bracket. thin stamped metal. like a shim. lets the pad slide away from the rotor more easily.

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
i have also heard people having the bent wire piece on the rear caliper coming out and rubbing on stuff.
i'll take a pic of it after work.

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
This is the clip that makes noise if it slips.

20200728_212954.jpg
Ahhh I see, thanks a lot man Ill check it out tomorrow, I think Im just gonna clean the whole brake assembly this weekend its driving me mad.

Bagged_FC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What bushing did you have to replace in the rears?
Sponsored