Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shimagery.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Coupe 2019, Civic Touring Coupe 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys! I have a 2019 Aegan Blue Si with the full HFP had it for about 6 months with 9k miles!
I’ve done a couple things to her myself so far. Had a custom cat back with MagnaFlow parts installed, TRS OEM+ LED headlights, Mugen Visors, etc.

I had a question regarding lowering my car. I’m one that absolutely loves the way this car looks and it’s my first car I’m modifying. I’ve seen options of lowering springs, coil overs, and bags. I just want a flush fitment and am about to get Perrin spacers to have the wheels sit flush. Which lowering option would be best for me? I know springs are the cheapest with bags being the most expensive. My preference is keeping my HFP adaptive dampeners and from my understanding this HFP suspension is the same one used in the type r? Am I better off just not lowering all together? And if I should go for lowering which brands would be best?

I added some pics just bc :D

Honda Civic 10th gen Suspension Mod Questions! 7448EFCC-62E9-4251-8F5D-75FC499A5ED3

Honda Civic 10th gen Suspension Mod Questions! A39819C3-2EC6-4191-A53F-D65D601AF312

Honda Civic 10th gen Suspension Mod Questions! 40E8A6FA-C372-42B0-A0E0-F59D917B0848

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Coilovers will be your best bet! I ran bc racing coiloers on my si and i loved them! But i am now moving on to bags.

OP
OP
Smurf.Fc3

Smurf.Fc3

BlueBeetle Si
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shimagery.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Coupe 2019, Civic Touring Coupe 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coilovers will be your best bet! I ran bc racing coiloers on my si and i loved them! But i am now moving on to bags.
Are coil overs relatively easy to install? I know they’re way cheaper than bags. And just curious but how were they in ride comfort and handling? Also why the move to bags?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Did you get the HFP wheels too?

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want to keep the active damping you cant use coil overs.

You'll have to use springs and your stock shocks.

Now the springs you choose will depend on how low you want to go. The drop varies from like 1 inch to 2-2.5 inches depending on the brand you choose.

Once you decide how low you want to drop it you can start looking at the different springs to see what matches your needs.

For example the Eibach pro kit drops the car roughly 1 to 1.25 inches all around and the D2 springs is about a 2 inch drop all around. So springs vary.

Also you will have a lot of negative camber unless you get camber arms for the rear. The fronts you can get negative 0.9 camber max by removing the guide pin on the shock top hat.

If you go with coil overs hks sells the ads light canceller but you won't have control of making the coils hard or soft. It will be permanently fixed to whatever damping you set it to until you manually adjust it again.

Tein has an active damper setup using an external controller which I am installing in my car at the moment and they also included 4 ads canceller modules.

For wheels I would recommend getting the correct offset to let it sit flush over using a wheel spacer but that's your choice.

Feel free to ask any questions.

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Are coil overs relatively easy to install? I know they’re way cheaper than bags. And just curious but how were they in ride comfort and handling? Also why the move to bags?

Yeah they are pretty easy to install. Def gonna need some good tools and patience. But anyone can get it done in a few hours. With bc racing coilovers the rear preload must be set. And any time adjustment height of the rear coilovers. Theres a youtube video on it.

Im moving on to bags because im someone who rides fairly low and live in a gated community with speed bumps and I have had enough with my countless of cars scraping lol. Id say forget those springs. Waste of time and money to install them, I have never been a fan. Your gonna get a better ride quality with coilovers. And also have a strut designed for everyday use for a lowered ride height. Bc also have a camber plate on top for the front for camber adjustment. Hks sells a module to also eliminate the light you will get. I never bought it. Lastly you sure can throw some spacers on there. Just get a good quality spacer and you will have a nice fitment.

Sponsored

Last edited: