Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hello MD, and local-ish friends in the metro area-

I have yet to come across a solid suspension and alignment capable shop that is fully competent with aftermarket systems.

My local Honda dealer won't touch the stuff on my car (yes, I even asked them). Recently tried a shop in mid PA, and the alignment services were fine, but I had some suspension components installed and that service left a lot to be desired. I'm looking for someplace that can handle balancing a coilover setup, with an alignment to requested spec, and component install as needed, if possible.

I need some help finding the right place here in the area- preferably in the Montgomery County or Columbia Maryland and/or surrounding areas, but I'm willing to go out of the way for solid service.

Any help appreciated!
Sponsored

OP
OP
BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Wow, no one? Guess others aren't having a lot of luck either?

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag
GRMotorworks is the local hotboi place that does camber/alignment adjustments. Hunter alignment machine, low car friendly (hunter machine built into the ground),great space, and good work

they’re in Beltsville, MD

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
GRMotorworks is the local hotboi place that does camber/alignment adjustments. Hunter alignment machine, low car friendly (hunter machine built into the ground),great space, and good work

they’re in Beltsville, MD
Sweet, I'll give them a try. That's an easy drive in the area. Thanks for the tip ?

If anyone else has a shop worth mentioning, I'd still like to hear from others too!

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag
Sweet, I'll give them a try. That's an easy drive in the area. Thanks for the tip ?

If anyone else has a shop worth mentioning, I'd still like to hear from others too!
Yep, there’s also PTuning which I believe is in VA. Also there is Elite in Laurel, MD that my other R friend went to after I helped throw on his springs

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Bert’s Alignment in Virginia Beach, VA.

You will need to make an appointment for servicing. These professionals do an outstanding job.

OP
OP
BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Bert’s Alignment in Virginia Beach, VA.

You will need to make an appointment for servicing. These professionals do an outstanding job.
Nice, I like a personalized approach. Hate feeling like the car is just in and out to free the bay for the next paying customer- would love to have someone listen to setup goals and adjust accordingly to spec.

R19904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
MACHV in VA has always treated me well. They have a pretty bug Subie following but work on all kinds monsters. They set up my C6 with custom specs that was dropped on coils pretty low.

Not sure how they are with suspension versus transmissions and engines, but Andrewtech used to be most peoples 1st stop.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Kinetic autoworks in Millersville is the shop I've gone to. Haven't got an alignment or anything but they do corner balancing for race cars so it should be no sweat. Plus they have a Dyno and do tuning.

OP
OP
BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Kinetic autoworks in Millersville is the shop I've gone to. Haven't got an alignment or anything but they do corner balancing for race cars so it should be no sweat. Plus they have a Dyno and do tuning.
I've heard of them, but stayed away based on a lot of bad rumors about the owners. It's all hearsay to me, and it might be exaggerated by angry customers, but it's pretty well documented online through a search. It's actually pretty intense reading :popcorn:

OP
OP
BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Check out AndrewTech in Gaithersburg, MD. Good pricing and great people!
I'll look them up too- starting to collect a lot of options here, maybe we should start a list of local Metro-area shops and available services? Could include personal knowledge/experiences to help others as well?

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've heard of them, but stayed away based on a lot of bad rumors about the owners. It's all hearsay to me, and it might be exaggerated by angry customers, but it's pretty well documented online through a search. It's actually pretty intense reading :popcorn:
Ahh. Yeah there's some interesting things on the better business bureau. In one of the instances they mention they don't have an alignment rack anyway (don't know if that's changed)

My experience has been really good with them though I haven't had any major work done, they jailbroke my ECU way before hondata had remote jailbreaking. And found me wheels and mounted tires I ordered from elsewhere, while price matching The wheels which were cheaper online. The owner has always helped me with any questions I've had.

I'll need to upgrade my clutch soon for a new turbo which I don't have the equipment to do on my own and I planned to get it done there.

OP
OP
BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I try to do most of my own work, but there are certainly things that eventually come up that are out of my range. I'm glad to hear that people are having good luck around the area.

I'm pretty close to IMW, so I'll head up there for ECU/engine tuning. I have "a guy" that runs a small shop close by, so I'm taking my hard-to-fix/need help solving stuff to him for now. Suspension and alignment fine tuning will be through one of the places mentioned here for upcoming work that I haven't already done, and I'll probably need to keep harassing my local dealer for warranty work since my car likes to spring leaks like every other month.
Sponsored