SURPRISE! Official: 2016 Civic Coupe to debut at LA Auto Show!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Me too... Plus I don't want to wait a year and a half to enjoy a sporty car. Even though I've wanted a type r since I was a kid. That's the only reason I'm on this page. Or else I would be looking at BMW M or Audi RS
Word that. Well, hopefully we're looking too far into the exact text. Hopefully the 18 months is a carry over from some other press release. Hopefully we are surprised by Geneva...
Sponsored

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
I love a coupe. The frame can be stronger, lighter, and stiffer than a 4-door or 5-door and I almost never have rear-seat passengers that would make the two extra doors worthwhile. Meanwhile, with the back seats folded down, a coupe will swallow all sorts of useful things like 5ft or even 6 ft ladders, bicycles, several big suitcases; and look good doing it. Why, with a coupe, you can make your car a regular trash barge. A hatch is even better for hauling stuff, and easier to see out of, but then there's those two extra doors I neither need nor want...

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Yay. Wonder if that means one car? Or a few? Either way I am happy. I want to see it in red. Preferably a touring. Or Ext I want to see if same rims or if coupe rims much sportier.

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Word that. Well, hopefully we're looking too far into the exact text. Hopefully the 18 months is a carry over from some other press release. Hopefully we are surprised by Geneva...
I have a good feeling we will see a Type R prototype at Geneva.

LBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z
Awesome news!!

Did anyone catch the line about "the second in a line of new 10th-generation Civic models that will be launching over the next 18 months" ?? I take this to mean that all the models will be launching within this time period, with the Type R being last of course and launching in May 2017 (exactly 18 months from now).

Also the sedan was revealed on 9/15 and official sale date of 11/12. If the coupe follows this timing it should officially go on sale in mid-January. Any dealers on here have insight on this?
This is going to be an exciting 1.5 years with a new model introduced every few months... Si reveal in March 2016, Type R reveal in May 2017, and hatchback reveal somewhere in between. :spaz:

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
PLEASE LOOK LIKE THIS

Honda Civic 10th gen SURPRISE! Official: 2016 Civic Coupe to debut at LA Auto Show! {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen SURPRISE! Official: 2016 Civic Coupe to debut at LA Auto Show! {filename}

What are the chances of it looking like this?

It'll look pretty much like that just take away the Si pieces - larger front air intakes, wheels, rear spoiler, sporty rear bumper. Otherwise the overall shape will be just like that, because it's what we've seen in the coupe patent drawings.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Patent drawings give a general idea but not as smooth as the finished product. So glad we get the official look next week!

hothatchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf Mark5
Awesome news!!

Did anyone catch the line about "the second in a line of new 10th-generation Civic models that will be launching over the next 18 months" ?? I take this to mean that all the models will be launching within this time period, with the Type R being last of course and launching in May 2017 (exactly 18 months from now).

Also the sedan was revealed on 9/15 and official sale date of 11/12. If the coupe follows this timing it should officially go on sale in mid-January. Any dealers on here have insight on this?
Great just in time for winter. I hope they do a faster rollout for the coupe since they've had time to ramp up production for the sedan. It should be mostly same stamping and assembly processes I would think given the same transmissions/powertrain/suspension and mostly the same body.

Tap Out

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 CRV
Gonna be a lonnnng week. Any chance for a live feed of the reveal like they did for the sedan?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is going to be an exciting 1.5 years with a new model introduced every few months... Si reveal in March 2016, Type R reveal in May 2017, and hatchback reveal somewhere in between. :spaz:
Great Scott! I hope we don't have to wait until May 2017 for the reveal!!!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hopefully a late December - early January release!
I'll guess it will take as long as it took the Sedan. That was about 7-8 weeks from "Reveal" to "Release" right?

RoryR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic Si, 2016 Volvo S60
I love a coupe. The frame can be stronger, lighter, and stiffer than a 4-door or 5-door and I almost never have rear-seat passengers that would make the two extra doors worthwhile. QUOTE].
Just so people are not set on the wrong ship, a majority of ALL vehicles will have a higher torsional rigidity with a sedan body versus a coupe. I know this to be the case through actual numbers for the E46 and 8thgen line up of vehicles.

AFIK it has to do with the B pillar section of the frame.

Either way, looking forward to seeing this coupe! Might have reason to hit the LA auto show this year
Sponsored