SURPRISE! Official: 2016 Civic Coupe to debut at LA Auto Show!

Regi_Derrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Country flag
Announced by Honda North America themselves. The 2016 Honda Civic Coupe coming to LA!

DAMNIT, I knew I should have booked my flight to go out there last month! Gonna see if I can find a cheap plane ticket out there :)

Honda to Debut 2016 Civic Coupe and Next-Gen Clarity Fuel Cell at 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show

Nov 10, 2015 - TORRANCE, Calif.
  • World debut of all-new 2016 Civic Coupe elevates sporty styling and dynamic performance on 10th-generation Honda Civic platform
  • 2016 Civic Coupe marks next step of ambitious cadence in new Civic lineup
  • Clarity Fuel Cell vehicle makes North American debut in advance of U.S. launch in 2016
Honda will reveal details on two exciting new expressions of its Clean, Safe, Fun brand values at the 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show with the world debut of the all-new 2016 Civic Coupe, the second in a line of new 10th-generation Civic models that will be launching over the next 18 months, and the North American debut of the all-new Honda Clarity Fuel Cell sedan, providing an early look at Honda's next-generation approach to low-carbon mobility, scheduled to launch in the U.S. next year.

2016 Honda Civic Coupe

Built on the same athletic Civic platform that underpins the highly anticipated 2016 Civic Sedan that goes on-sale at Honda dealerships nationwide on November 12, the 2016 Civic Coupe will showcase even sportier lines, with an intimate, high-tech interior and engaging powertrain options to continue Honda's focus on launching the sportiest and most expansive Civic lineup in brand history.

Like its Sedan counterpart, the new Civic Coupe targets word-class levels of sporty performance, ride refinement and cabin quietness along with class-leading fuel efficiency and safety performance, powered in part by two all-new powertrains, including a first-ever turbocharged powerplant for the U.S. Civic.

The world debut of the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe is the second in a series of new 10th-generation Civic models that will include a sedan, coupe, high-performance Si models, a 5-door hatchback and the first-ever Civic Type-R model for the U.S. market, comprising the most diverse and innovative lineup in Civic's 43-year history.

Clarity Fuel Cell

Building on Honda's longstanding commitment to advanced alternative-fuel vehicle technologies, the Clarity Fuel Cell five-passenger sedan will offer increased performance, range and efficiency as well as improved packaging. The Clarity is the world's first production fuel cell sedan to house the entire fuel cell stack and drivetrain system in the front engine compartment. Using Honda original technologies, the new Clarity Fuel Cell will offer customers a new low-carbon mobility experience with a driving range of more than 300 miles and refueling time of approximately three minutes.

The Clarity Fuel Cell comes to U.S. shores following its world debut at the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show in October. Honda's next-generation fuel cell car will launch in the U.S. in 2016, after its market introduction in Japan in March of next year.

The Honda booth is located in West Hall at the Los Angeles Convention Center, and will be open to media beginning on November 18, 2015.

http://hondanews.com/releases/honda...arity-fuel-cell-at-2015-los-angeles-auto-show
Sponsored

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Holy snap! I'm so excited to see this... only one week!! I really hope they give us some specs and when it'll go on sale.

I was planning to go anyway but now will be knocking down the doors as soon as they open to the public!

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Hah paid off to check on the forums one last time before bed. Next week can't get here soon enough. Next logical question is when should we expect production to start :D

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha. Guess that source from torque news was reliable. Can't wait!!!! Hoping where the sedan excels in comfort and luxury the coupe does in sporty handling and performance.

OP
OP

Regi_Derrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Country flag
Haha. Guess that source from torque news was reliable. Can't wait!!!! Hoping where the sedan excels in comfort and luxury the coupe does in sporty handling and performance.
LOL...you had Torque News' back when everybody else was doubting them LOL! I'm glad its gonna be at LA, Honda is KILLING us with this long.......drawn.....out.......process.

I really really want to see the SI sedan....I already know I'll like the styling. I just need to see the engine choice and see what cool options its got. I'll be in the market again by 2016 or 2017..and the Civic is the top dog right now.

NIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas 4 life
Looks like Honda was keeping all coupe related info and announcements until right after the sedan launch. Was hoping for an announcement right after sedan launch and right on cue!

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
Awesome news!!

Did anyone catch the line about "the second in a line of new 10th-generation Civic models that will be launching over the next 18 months" ?? I take this to mean that all the models will be launching within this time period, with the Type R being last of course and launching in May 2017 (exactly 18 months from now).

Also the sedan was revealed on 9/15 and official sale date of 11/12. If the coupe follows this timing it should officially go on sale in mid-January. Any dealers on here have insight on this?

Jorge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 scion tc
I'm having such an internal struggle about buying the si (depending on the specs, 1.5T? No thanks) or the type r :dance:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
18 months?!!! Argh I suppose that is the clue I'm looking for.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
18 months will put me right in the market, I still have time to enjoy my Mugen and build up the funds :)

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
18 months will put me right in the market, I still have time to enjoy my Mugen and build up the funds :)
I'm sitting on the money now! If a CPO Tesla S comes along and the numbers work out... I don't know I might have to jump on it. I'd definitely consider it.

Bubb2521

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 135i, TT RS
I'm sitting on the money now! If a CPO Tesla S comes along and the numbers work out... I don't know I might have to jump on it. I'd definitely consider it.
Me too... Plus I don't want to wait a year and a half to enjoy a sporty car. Even though I've wanted a type r since I was a kid. That's the only reason I'm on this page. Or else I would be looking at BMW M or Audi RS
Sponsored