First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si with 306whp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello All, Just wondering if anyone who has installed performance mods has experienced that at WOT one sometimes goes into Limp Mode at all the wrong times? ( Straight on a track with traffic)

1 minute ago
Sponsored

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yes. With the Acuity accelerator pedal adapter, before Acuity, very helpful, gave me a fix, I could stomp on the pedal and cause a condition in the accelerator pedal position sensor that put the car into limp mode. It would over torque the sensor before the pedal bottomed out on the floor. Do you have one of those installed?

OP
OP
Old Guy With Mods on Si
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si with 306whp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. With the Acuity accelerator pedal adapter, before Acuity, very helpful, gave me a fix, I could stomp on the pedal and cause a condition in the accelerator pedal position sensor that put the car into limp mode. It would over torque the sensor before the pedal bottomed out on the floor. Do you have one of those installed?

OP
OP
Old Guy With Mods on Si
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si with 306whp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes I do have that. I will contact them immediately. Thanks so much!
I’ll keep you posted

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
I was going to buy one of these. What was the fix?

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes I do have that. I will contact them immediately. Thanks so much!
I’ll keep you posted
Young man, you should probably be using the Ktuner's W1 basemap instead of Vit's tune if you still do.

OP
OP
Old Guy With Mods on Si
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si with 306whp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Acuity just got back to me with the solve. Looks like we have a plan. I cannot thank you enough for the insight

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Acuity just got back to me with the solve. Looks like we have a plan. I cannot thank you enough for the insight
Russ, at Acuity told me I was the only one it happened to. I guess I was just first. But based on that he worked on a fix. I was impressed. Us old guys stomp on the gas pedal because we think we are manually operating a throttle, an accelerator pump and a transmission kickdown. Maybe younger guys know all they are doing is moving a Hall effect sensor, so they don't have the problem.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I was going to buy one of these. What was the fix?
I have to say it is still a work in progress. He gave me some rubber bumpers with adhesive to stick on the bottom of the pedal. Unfortunately the adhesive didn't hold. I found the bumper on the floor after a track session. He is still working with me on this for a better fix. It doesn't happen in any case if you use the adapter in position C.

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
I have to say it is still a work in progress. He gave me some rubber bumpers with adhesive to stick on the bottom of the pedal. Unfortunately the adhesive didn't hold. I found the bumper on the floor after a track session. He is still working with me on this for a better fix. It doesn't happen in any case if you use the adapter in position C.
That's good to hear. I had been planning to use position C for street driving.

OP
OP
Old Guy With Mods on Si
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si with 306whp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s exactly my plan. Try the rubber bumper, if it does not work, I’ll move it to the outside position C

OP
OP
Old Guy With Mods on Si
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si with 306whp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
By the way I put the Acuity short shift kit in, and it a huge upgrade. Recommend it highly

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Switched over to K tune basemap- but will be looking at the 27won base map. Thanks for the insight
Mess up your ride just going WOT on 27Won Turbo lol the damage has been done.
Sponsored