Tpancakes20

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si 2016 civic lx 2.0
Country flag
When I load up the +9 psi hondata tune I get a surging idle but only after start to move. Say I creep forward a little and clutch in it surges to 1500 repeatedly 3 or 4 times and settles back to normal. Any suggestions on what might be causing this.? On the +6 psi tune it runs fine no issues what so ever.
Sponsored

chrispydo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Check which throttle response and sensitivity settings you have selected. Hondata recently updated to give you more options regarding those and I know I had that same rev issue when I first updated and reflashed without checking. Response level 2 and sensitivity level 1 is what I use.

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
When I load up the +9 psi hondata tune I get a surging idle but only after start to move. Say I creep forward a little and clutch in it surges to 1500 repeatedly 3 or 4 times and settles back to normal. Any suggestions on what might be causing this.? On the +6 psi tune it runs fine no issues what so ever.
I had this issue with the Throttle Sensitivity on stage 1 and 2 (so I leave it on default). Doesn’t appear that upping the throttle response causes any issue (for me at least)
Sponsored