SuperPro Lower Control Arm Kit

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Part # TRC1030

https://superpro.com.au/find/superp...n-fk-fc-/productnr-TRC1030/cid-999501882/vid-

Did a search here but couldnt find any mentions. These look to do the same thing as the Whiteline Antilift Kit but is actually an entire replacement for the lower control arms with poly bushings already inserted. Would make a DIY job easier since its a bolt on without the need for a press like the Whiteline kit. And at retail of $399 its only $100 more than the whiteline kit. Anyone have any info on this? I know the guys on speed academy really like their products and said their bushings are not too stiff for the street.

Honda Civic 10th gen SuperPro Lower Control Arm Kit FzNH1Rl7qoorDchOxm0j%2B6FOrVGLkHcE%2F%2F23%2F8PI59
Sponsored

OP
OP
pinhead66

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No comments or reactions? I just bought a set off e-bay for $350 shipped including taxes by making an offer. Once I have a chance to install them myself I'll post up and give an initial impression. From the sounds of several reviews I've seen on the Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit, I am excited to feel the improvement in steering, turn-in, and braking.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
I don't think this kit offers the same geometry correction as the Whiteline kit, but it is a convenient solution to upgrading your front control arm bushings to a poly version.

Thatcryptoguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
No comments or reactions? I just bought a set off e-bay for $350 shipped including taxes by making an offer. Once I have a chance to install them myself I'll post up and give an initial impression. From the sounds of several reviews I've seen on the Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit, I am excited to feel the improvement in steering, turn-in, and braking.
Any update????

OP
OP
pinhead66

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any update????
Havent been able to install them yet. Had to sell my house, buy a house, and move late last year. Just consumed with house projects and getting the kids adjusted to their new environment. Hoping to install them before summer as things settle down. Finally was able to wash and wax the si for the first time since Nov.

Thatcryptoguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
Havent been able to install them yet. Had to sell my house, buy a house, and move late last year. Just consumed with house projects and getting the kids adjusted to their new environment. Hoping to install them before summer as things settle down. Finally was able to wash and wax the si for the first time since Nov.
Gotcha. Well let us know. Good luck with everything.

OP
OP
pinhead66

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update:
I had more time this month and was able to install the superpro rear blade control arms part #TRC1036 along with the revised 2020 Si rear shock mounts. Took it for a short drive and initial impressions is that the rear feels a bit tighter and more connected. The poly bushings do transmit more road feedback and a little more noise but nothing objectionable. Its a welcome addition without being harsh or annoying. It was a simple install for the most part. Got them for a good price on ebay last year so well worth the investment. Hopefully next month i will find time to finally install the front arms.

https://superprousa.com/products/trc1036-superpro-blade-control-arm-kit

Honda Civic 10th gen SuperPro Lower Control Arm Kit s-l400

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update:
I had more time this month and was able to install the superpro rear blade control arms part #TRC1036 along with the revised 2020 Si rear shock mounts. Took it for a short drive and initial impressions is that the rear feels a bit tighter and more connected. The poly bushings do transmit more road feedback and a little more noise but nothing objectionable. Its a welcome addition without being harsh or annoying. It was a simple install for the most part. Got them for a good price on ebay last year so well worth the investment. Hopefully next month i will find time to finally install the front arms.

https://superprousa.com/products/trc1036-superpro-blade-control-arm-kit

s-l400.jpg
What changed on the 2020 rear shock mounts?

OP
OP
pinhead66

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

OP
OP
pinhead66

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Was able to install the front lower control arms this weekend. Everything is pretty straight forward with the install but its a bit of a pain to get things to line up properly and precisely for the bolts to go through the holes on the subframe. Wasted about an hour on one side with the middle 17mm bolt not catching onto the threaded portion of the subframe and had to constantly adjust positioning. Took me about 6 hours from start to finish but a more seasoned DIYer should be able to do it in 3 or less I would think. Doing this on a lift would be nicer for your back but completely not necessary. I would say difficulty is medium.

High level steps:

1. Remove front wheels
  2. Remove aluminum and plastic under trays
  3. Disconnect end links from front sway bar on both sides
  4. Remove 3 x 17mm nuts from lower ball joint
  5. Remove 2 rear most 19mm bolts
  6. Remove the middle 17mm bolt (space is limited and need to move the front sway bar up slightly to get the bolt out)
  7. Remove entire stock control arm
  8. Replace with aftermarket one (alignment of the points where the bolts go through can be a bit tricky and requires adjustments)
  9. Repeat on the other side
Driving impressions after 150 miles:

These arms comes with poly bushings and the arms themselves are a copy of the OEM structure. These are not like the Whiteline ALK which changes the geometry of the suspension. The benefits of the poly bushings are very tangible and the steering feel is increased, steering precision is increased, steering weight is increased especially at higher speeds. Braking feel is also improved, which I was surprised with but someone else who installed the Whiteline ALK also mentioned this benefit. I'm guessing the slop removed from the oem bushings makes the braking force more efficient which translates to better pedal feel. Anyhow, I'm really impressed with this mod from a driving dynamics standpoint and really enjoy the addition to driving pleasure. I'd highly recommend this type of mod. Now that Whiteline has the entire ALK with the control arms that doesn't require using a press for inserting bushings, I would probably go with that kit instead for the added caster it brings. But for the $350 i paid for the superpro kit, I'm more than happy and it was well worth it. The added NVH is pretty minimal and shouldn't bother any enthusiast at all.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I put these front LCA on. steering feels much stiffer, definitely not as smooth of a ride as OEM, but the handling makes up for it

OP
OP
pinhead66

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I put these front LCA on. steering feels much stiffer, definitely not as smooth of a ride as OEM, but the handling makes up for it
Glad you’re enjoying the new steering feel. This is definitely one of my favorite mods.
Sponsored