Super Pissed Off.

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
provided these cars meet the same legacy as their legendary predecessors. This is gonna be a meme someday on CivicXVIII forums. Our kids gawking at the famed 10thGen Dent.
Sponsored

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
My 2016 coupe has little dents and dimples on the sides. Only thing I can think of is it's caused by somebody leaning against the car? The sheet metal is paper thin for sure.

Civicsi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the same dents on my passanger rear side. I have a sedan SI. I never hit anything and the dents just randomly appeard.

hondabandit

First Name
hondaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport hatch
Country flag
Bought my hatch in april 2019, and I just noticed a vertical line crease above the c-pillar, only on driver side. Bothered me for a little bit, then i just accepted it. Sheet metal is pretty beefy around there, so maybe it's a weld line or something. yeah it sucks, but whatya gona do. I've owned a black bmw with random dents appearing behind the sunroof, and slight dimples on c pillars also.

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
Cars are just flimsier these days.
This doesn't justify shotty quality. There's no excuse for that. Just because everyone is making garbage, slapping a new technology gimmick on it and people buy it up doesn't make it ok.

The real issue is clueless consumers. There's not enough people working with their hands anymore. Majority of car buyers these days don't know squat about cars or fabrication. They just know what colour and size screen they want.

If people spent their time getting bloody knuckles over years fixing shoddily made and or engineeres crap there would be more push for manufacturers to actually make good product.

The way it is now, they'll sell us junk and when it breaks they'll say oh but the new one has 4k display and wipes your ass. Give us another $40,000 every 4 years.

And somehow people keep buying.

flixman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R - Black
Country flag
Yes! Check out Ultra Racing's dual brace!

I'll edit and add that this was the only brace on the market (at least at the time I bought) that is a steel, non-hinged design.
It also fits perfectly with the truck tray in place on the lower. I have the spare tire kit in place with the raised hatch floor. The truck tray from the Sport hatch fits this kit in the Type R so you can still have a trunk tray.
IMG_20200215_140527.jpg
any difference felt on corners?

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had two vertical seams on my passenger rear door. Right in the middle. I had a dent remover guy remove one of them and they ended up ruining the orange peel effect on my paint. That was pretty upsetting cause now I have this glossy area. I should have just left it. I have come to terms with accepting the lower quality panels.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I too have the mysterious C pillar dent on the driver's side. Most people probably wouldn't notice it but I see it clear as day.

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
any difference felt on corners?
With the non-hinged steel pieces, I'd like to think so. I put these on around the same time as Spoon Rigid Collar kit front and rear, Carbing one-piece steel front bar, and Cusco power braces front, middle, and rear- handling differences were immediately noticeable.

bchauvfk7

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have also been victimized by a random dent towards the top of the passenger side pillar. I think it may have been a high flying rock however.

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback

So I've seen on here before people posting that random dents magically appear on their rear pillars. Well I noticed today that I have 2 dents on my rear drivers pillar and Im 99% sure that nothing physical caused them. Are these chassis's so shitty that they're possibly twisting and causing these dents?

Also any tips on getting them out? Suction cup?

Anyone elses Hatchback have this problem?

IMG_20200630_171849~2.jpg

IMG_20200630_171846~2.jpg

IMG_20200630_171832~2.jpg
Another reason to never buy a civic again, I'm getting dents too and to top it off i see my painting are peeling near the driver side fender, they fix that painting on my car but had to complain so much for them to even do that

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Civic coupe doesn't have this issue I had a 2016 for 4 years and a half and it did not do that and my 2020 either.

OP
OP
CVCTURBO

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
my 19 had them new on the lot.. yall just didnt notice them
Mine definitely didn't have it for atleast the first year. I remember shortly after buying it I read on here about that dent and went and checked my car and it didn't have it. Then all of a sudden 2yrs in bam, 2 of them.

But honestly owell, I traded it in on a 2020 Accord Sport lol!
Sponsored