Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
So i get to Tennessee and i cant wash my car due to the sunroof wont close from tilt. Or open for that matter

Idk what to do about this
Any help is greatly appreciated

Honda Civic 10th gen Sunroof stuck 16300551693526211895584206920792
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
The motor make any sounds when you try to close it? If not then first check fuse.

if it’s not a fuse then it could be a bad motor that operates the sunroof.

If it does make noise then maybe the hardware for a bracket came loose and is misaligned, jamming it. Or…the motor is getting power, but is still bad.

These sunroofs are fairly simple. If you are handy with some tools then you might be able to youtube some videos on how to fix it. They’re basically the same for every car with this style sunroof.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
It needed reset. I didnt know that could be done

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Unrelated, what brings you to Tennessee?

tonton81

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
the sunroof control source is the driver door window switch, which relays off passenger controller before finally activating the switches for the sunroof. so the 2 front door window fuses must check out. Now, if the passenger window controller is not calibrated for window end travels, the sunroof will not work and also the driver side can't control passenger window.

So if all fuses are good, all you need to do is goto passenger window side switch, hold the switch down to roll window all the way down without letting go, once it hits bottom, hold the switch up until it hits the top, but don't let go for 3-5 seconds. Once you let go, the window end limits will be calibrated and the sunroof will be working like normal again.

the sunroof functionality technically doesn't depend on the window modules, but because the calibration issue changes the LIN message (white wire on all units) that communicate, the sunroof controller disables the sunroof switches until it receives a correct calibrated set of LIN frames from the window modules. I was able to debug the sunroof LIN bus, it was part of my project ?

OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
The button dance didntl got it working again

tonton81

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The button dance didntl got it working again
you do it to both front windows?
can the driver side roll down passenger window?
are they both one touch running up and down successfully?

OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
Gof it fixed with the reset for the zunroof

tonton81

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
for anyone having this issue in future, mine just did that after work, right now, i know theres stuff online to play with ignition and moonroof buttons at same time, but that was labelled for "auto" issues. in any case i held down "CLOSE" for about 15-20 seconds, the sunroof started inching tiny bit then stopping then continuing every 1 second interval. I didn't let go until it completely stopped inching at a dead stop. Once that happened i tried to open and close and tilt it and it ran perfect đź‘Ť

i guess this is a track-learning/alignment mechanical fix

thankscivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic
Country flag
for anyone having this issue in future, mine just did that after work, right now, i know theres stuff online to play with ignition and moonroof buttons at same time, but that was labelled for "auto" issues. in any case i held down "CLOSE" for about 15-20 seconds, the sunroof started inching tiny bit then stopping then continuing every 1 second interval. I didn't let go until it completely stopped inching at a dead stop. Once that happened i tried to open and close and tilt it and it ran perfect đź‘Ť

i guess this is a track-learning/alignment mechanical fix
This happened to me recently (2013 Civic) and it was this post that finally worked to get my sunroof working again! All of the turn car on turn it off hold this hold that didn't work! Thank you for posting this, saved what was likely an expensive trip to the dealership.
Sponsored