Sunroof Stuck and Broke

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
I've had my EXT coupe for about 2 weeks now. 160 miles driven. No issues with sunroof or windows until today. Sunroof won't do anything. It won't open, tilt, nothing. No noise. Just nothing. Drivers side window works fine but then I tried the passenger window and boom, won't move either. No noise. Nothing. The switches just don't do anything. Guess I'm calling Honda tomorrow :/ 6 civics and this is the first time ever having an issue.
This just happened to me this morning. The front passenger window and the moonroof will not move, but the other windows (front driver and both rear) work fine.

I really hate intermittent problems...
Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This just happened to me this morning. The front passenger window and the moonroof will not move, but the other windows (front driver and both rear) work fine.

Mine only did it that one time. It hasn't done it since. About 12 hours after it first happened it started all working fine again and has been fine since. No idea what the issue was, but seemed to work itself out. Very odd.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Were they frozen - as in snow/ice or wet and below freezing last night?
No. I got my car at the end of summer. It was still in the 80s and 70s at that point. No freezing or snow or ice when it happened to me

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag

It was magically working again when I got back in the car after work. I'm so dissapointed with this car.

asnman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX-6, Honda Civic
Just had this happen to me after a recent update to address the emergency parking brake issue. Just as everyone else describes one side seems to close while the other gets stuck on one side. Very annoying that I've had this car for less than a year and already having issues. Only used the roof like once before so it wasn't from too much use. Maybe it was from not enough use lolz. I hope this get resolved soon.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
My mom and dad recently purchased a 2017 CR-V EX-L. She is having the same issues described here with the sunroof not shutting completely and being not fully sealed on one side.

I get first year bugs need to get worked out. But something here is rotten.

It took me 6 years to convinced them to buy a Honda and this is not a great first experience on a car with under 400 miles.

I've had a sunroof rattle on mine and once in the first 500 miles I couldn't close the sunroof or operate the windows. Restarted the car and it worked- never happened again.

Civicx2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic, 2009 civic lx-s

Civicx2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic, 2009 civic lx-s
This just happened to me this am. Went to change the fuses on both the moonroof and the passenger door. Fuses were fine. I put them back and both started to operate again.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
If this ever happens to mine, I'll lobby hard to get the roof replaced with the no-sunroof version. I only open it to vent hot air anyway, and I'd rather have the extra inch or two of headroom.

envytheu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic touring
So I just had this sunroof problem for the 2nd time and for the 2nd time they had to place new sunroof tracks...This is getting ridiculous.

Silverocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
I have this same problem now. EX-L... I'm out of warranty.... how much is this gonna cost me to fix?

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Well by now there should be a Tsb with instructions on how to fix it and which parts to buy.

Silverocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Well by now there should be a Tsb with instructions on how to fix it and which parts to buy.
Hey sorry, you mean there is one out, or you just think there "should" be one? I had a very bad experience with my dealership over AC issues and bringing in my car 6 times before they fixed it and then then scratched my car on that 6th time... I'm really hesitant to bring my car back to them for this when it seems to be such a tough fix for so many people here... thanks again for any info!
Sponsored