Sunroof gap. Update in original post.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
I am not sure but since roof is part of safety I do not think a major roof repair is allowed, I would ask for a buy back as any roof repairs may affect structural integrity, just my 2 cents. It is one thing to paint a roof panel, another to modify it
It is only the roof skin, not structure.
Sponsored

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Final update, for anyone that cares....

Honda will fix it at a honda certified body shop. I had to bring it into the dealership one last time so the honda rep can look at it before making his report.... talked to sales, and after coming out of pocket (donā€™t ask, I donā€™t want to talk about it. Itā€™s more of a piece of mind thing for me), Iā€™m walking out with the exact same car, just brand new(er). Is what it is... decision Iā€™ll have to live with...

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Final update, for anyone that cares....

Honda will fix it at a honda certified body shop. I had to bring it into the dealership one last time so the honda rep can look at it before making his report.... talked to sales, and after coming out of pocket (donā€™t ask, I donā€™t want to talk about it. Itā€™s more of a piece of mind thing for me), Iā€™m walking out with the exact same car, just brand new(er). Is what it is... decision Iā€™ll have to live with...
I don't care that you said you didn't want to talk about it, why the hell would you agree to come out of pocket for a factory defect on a brand new car covered under warranty?? Must have some money to throw away, if so I've got some "charity" in my name you can donate to.

Edit: Or are you saying that you lemoned your car and it was replaced with a new one but you had to come out of pocket for the swap?

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I don't care that you said you didn't want to talk about it, why the hell would you agree to come out of pocket for a factory defect on a brand new car covered under warranty?? Must have some money to throw away, if so I've got some "charity" in my name you can donate to.

Edit: Or are you saying that you lemoned your car and it was replaced with a new one but you had to come out of pocket for the swap?
Ah...... I guess that's it. The OP didn't want to have a molested car, even though the fix would be free, and he preferred to swap for a new(er) one.

That's a great outcome to all 3 parties. Everybody wins. He has a virgin car, the dealer got some profit, and whoever buys the repaired roof will never know their car was violated....:thumbsup:

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
A simple problem like that shouldn't have been a problem for the model year 2020. This generation of civic is its 5th year for god sake.
It's not an inherent issue. Mine is a '16 and doesn't have it. Something on the assembly line was off and the quality control guy missed it.

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Ah...... I guess that's it. The OP didn't want to have a molested car, even though the fix would be free, and he preferred to swap for a new(er) one.

That's a great outcome to all 3 parties. Everybody wins. He has a virgin car, the dealer got some profit, and whoever buys the repaired roof will never know their car was violated....:thumbsup:
this is basically it right here. Honda was going to fix it for free... I just didnā€™t want potential issues down the road being that theyā€™d have to take my car apart to fix the issue. We talked numbers, and they were Ok enough for me to say screw it, and have, as you said, a virgin car... new one had only 6 miles on the clock when I took it. Other one had 50 something when I bought it, and had just over 1400 when I left it.
It's not an inherent issue. Mine is a '16 and doesn't have it. Something on the assembly line was off and the quality control guy missed it.
Was definitely something off the assembly line. No damage to paint, or sunroof molding.

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After the update, don't worry man. My car was T-boned 3 days after purchase. $17k in damage. 3 months in the shop.

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
After the update, don't worry man. My car was T-boned 3 days after purchase. $17k in damage. 3 months in the shop.
$17k in damage, and they didnā€™t total it?!

anyway... ended up trading it in, paying a some out of pocket, and getting a brand new one.

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$17k in damage, and they didnā€™t total it?!

anyway... ended up trading it in, paying a some out of pocket, and getting a brand new one.

Nah, by the time they had the final quote, the work was done.
Sponsored