newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
I saw two girls take a selfie with my car a few weeks after I got it :p But yeah, typically attention comes from other dudes.
I must be doing something right! The ladies love my car. :)
Sponsored

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
WoW learned something today about resting hand on the shift knob.. i'll try to break out of that habit

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
WoW learned something today about resting hand on the shift knob.. i'll try to break out of that habit
Mainly only applies to directly linked shifters where the shifter is directly connected to the shifting mechanism in the transmission. Our Type R is cable linked, which means that the shifter connects to a cable which connects to the shifting mechanism in the tranny. There is actually some slack in the cable. If you're within the range of the slack, you should be fine in terms of not damaging the shifting mechanism.

Also keep in mind that putting a 1-2 lb shift knob on your shifter would be like you putting 1-2 lbs of weight on the shift knob with your hand (resting on it for example) as well. Granted most people might put down more than 1-2 lbs of weight when resting their hands on the shift knob.

All this being said, it's still a good idea not to rest your hand on the shift knob of a manual transmission car as a general rule of thumb. If you rest your hand, you can end up damaging it if it's direct linkage, but if you don't rest your hand, it'll never damage it.
Sponsored