MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I may be reading your post wrong but why would you need to upgrade to a flex fuel/stage 2 tune setup if you don't drive it hard or go above 20 psi?
1) I want to achieve a higher octane level than 91, for timing/knock control.
2) Increased torque and whp.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
1) I want to achieve a higher octane level than 91, for timing/knock control.
2) Increased torque and whp.
I get that. But that's my point. You say you don't drive hard in the post I quoted so why go to all that trouble/expense for more power that you don't use? I'm perplexed. :dunno:

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I get that. But that's my point. You say you don't drive hard in the post I quoted so why go to all that trouble/expense for more power that you don't use? I'm perplexed. :dunno:
I won't while I don't have this clutch, is what I'm saying. I'm saying that I'll be gentle with it for now.

I still want the power. I'm on Map 3 in Sport mode in TSP Stage 1, and even though I don't eclipse 20 PSI for now, I still like what I'm putting down until then.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I won't while I don't have this clutch, is what I'm saying. I'm saying that I'll be gentle with it for now.

I still want the power. I'm on Map 3 in Sport mode in TSP Stage 1, and even though I don't eclipse 20 PSI for now, I still like what I'm putting down until then.
I think what my friend @gtman is saying is that this could get quite expensive. If you decide to go the ethenol route you will need a custom tune to fully utilize the power, and you will be putting additional stress on your engine and or clutch.

This engine does not run bad on 91 contrary to what some say. Monitoring fuel trims and k control using maps 2 and briefly map 3 were all good. My advice, don't go down the rabbit hole and stick with good ol 91 pump gas
Sponsored