CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
Those reviews are all over the place.... 5k to 43k miles before being replaced. The average does seem to be around the 10k mark. Hmmm. I'm thinking the firestones or continentals might be a better option.
Sponsored

AP2SLOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Daily). 2006 NFR S2000 (Weekend Racer). 1992 Integra (SOLD). 2005 RSX Type-S (SOLD). 2002 Civic (SOLD)
I too am not a fan of the all-season tires the car came with and am considering the following options:

Dunlop Direzza DZ102
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...8DZ102XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Bridgestone Potanza RE760 Sport
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...eSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes#RatingsReviews

I currently have Direzza ZII's on my S2k and love them. But before those I had Potenza's and liked them as well. So I'm torn on which tires to get for the Si. Anyone have experience with these specific tires?

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Is it worth $200 to add the Summer Tire option?
Yes and no in my opinion. Yes because you are getting decent performance tires for only $200. But no because I feel like there are so many better aftermarket options available. This is a 25k investment I made and I will do everything in my power to supply my new baby with only the "finer" things in life.

Radsolutionz

First Name
Rahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI 4dr
Country flag
If u have a 2019, they accidentally put summer tires on all season labeled cars. So there is a recall by August 1st to get a set of all seasons put on ur car.... I just think, I'll beat these tires till the last week of recall, then get dealer to swap em.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I just got my car a week ago last Saturday. Mine came with the Summer Tire option....Goodyear Eagle F1 235/40R18
Honda Civic 10th gen Summer Tires Option 0302191056

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
That's funny because right after I posted that picture I was like what the heck. I don't know why it came out like that because the rims are fine. They did a crappy job "detailing" the car and the tires have dirt/dust on them from it being stored in a pseudo dirt lot. But the rims are perfect. In fact the dealer agreed to give me another detail when I'm the area when I reached out to them about the dirt.

They are crazy about customer satisfaction here and keep telling me about the Honda buying experience survey I'll be getting. I'm guessing because there are so many dealerships in the area.

I think we have to take people's experience on tires with a grain of salt. I've noticed that some people on this forum over exaggerate about everything.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If u have a 2019, they accidentally put summer tires on all season labeled cars. So there is a recall by August 1st to get a set of all seasons put on ur car.... I just think, I'll beat these tires till the last week of recall, then get dealer to swap em.
Can you post a link for that because I think my car qualifies for this, or at least I hope it does. I checked the Honda recall page and it says there currently aren't any.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
That's funny because right after I posted that picture I was like what the heck. I don't know why it came out like that because the rims are fine. They did a crappy job "detailing" the car and the tires have dirt/dust on them from it being stored in a pseudo dirt lot. But the rims are perfect. In fact the dealer agreed to give me another detail when I'm the area when I reached out to them about the dirt.

They are crazy about customer satisfaction here and keep telling me about the Honda buying experience survey I'll be getting. I'm guessing because there are so many dealerships in the area.

I think we have to take people's experience on tires with a grain of salt. I've noticed that some people on this forum over exaggerate about everything.
Honestly I wouldn't let them touch your paint or detail work on your Si, especially considering they messed up the last go around. I'd just do it myself
the right way.
Incidentally they gave you nearly 2 year old tires. Maybe they're accidentally giving so many people these summers as stock equipment because they have a ton of old Summer stock on hand?

Last edited:

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

Radsolutionz

First Name
Rahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI 4dr
Country flag
Can you post a link for that because I think my car qualifies for this, or at least I hope it does. I checked the Honda recall page and it says there currently aren't any.
You will get a recall notice in the mail if u have a 2019 SI check if ur tires are summer ones.
Sponsored