Summary of 2016 Civic sedan models features and differences

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
We'll see! ;) Watch them throw the manual with the 1.5T on the Touring model ;) jk.

Well our dollar isn't worth squat right now so if Honda Canada doesn't account for the exchange rate then we're still getting a deal compared to you guys. Let's say the Touring will cost us 30k CAD. In reality that only 23100 USD so if Honda doesn't account for the exchange rate I've got a Touring at 23k USD with possibly a better equipment package... IF Honda accounts for the low dollar, then a Touring would cost $35k but that would alienate consumers because we would refuse to pay that for a Civic even because the dollar was low.

In my opinion it's always been better to buy a car at this time because auto manufactures don't bother with the exchange rate. The only problem is, people in our economy have far better things to do with their money than buy a new car...
Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We'll see! ;) Watch them throw the manual with the 1.5T on the Touring model ;) jk.

Well our dollar isn't worth squat right now so if Honda Canada doesn't account for the exchange rate then we're still getting a deal compared to you guys. Let's say the Touring will cost us 30k CAD. In reality that only 23100 USD so if Honda doesn't account for the exchange rate I've got a Touring at 23k USD with possibly a better equipment package... IF Honda accounts for the low dollar, then a Touring would cost $35k but that would alienate consumers because we would refuse to pay that for a Civic even because the dollar was low.

In my opinion it's always been better to buy a car at this time because auto manufactures don't bother with the exchange rate. The only problem is, people in our economy have far better things to do with their money than buy a new car...
It's the same here with our economy... hardly anyone has the spare cash to blow on new cars, and when they do its base models. As it is i'm saving up my down payment for the new EX-T over the next 2 years (while my lease is on my current car) so that i can get my payments where i need them to be. I've only ever had LX models, so stepping up to the $23k EX-T is a pretty big jump.

jonneyboy25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 civic
Country flag

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Honda sells the LED headlights for the accord but the are $1098.06 a piece
http://estore.honda.com/honda/parts...2016-accord-4-trng-v-v6-6at&sn=&b=B++0803&dl=
They sell it as a replacement part and not an accessory. The intent is if I break my headlights on a Touring I can replace them, not too modify them on a lower trim. Could it be done? Possibly with a competent person who knows wiring diagrams and such, but the pain and effort to do it wouldn't justify the cost. Might as well buy the higher trim. As a replacement part, there won't be instructions for it and you couldn't guarantee that the wiring is compatible in the back and it's every man for himself. If you break it or if it's incompatible, well you're out a couple grand.

There's a reason why only maybe one person has done it on driveaccord.net If it was that easy and cost effective, everyone would've done it.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
They sell it as a replacement part and not an accessory. The intent is if I break my headlights on a Touring I can replace them, not too modify them on a lower trim. Could it be done? Possibly with a competent person who knows wiring diagrams and such, but the pain and effort to do it wouldn't justify the cost. Might as well buy the higher trim. As a replacement part, there won't be instructions for it and you couldn't guarantee that the wiring is compatible in the back and it's every man for himself. If you break it or if it's incompatible, well you're out a couple grand.

There's a reason why only maybe one person has done it on driveaccord.net If it was that easy and cost effective, everyone would've done it.

Thanks for the info.

I figured it would be expensive, but DAMN! I don't think I want them that bad.

Plus the possible compatibility issues are to be considered as well.

I guess I will just be happy with what I get with the EX-T, which is a lot after all.

I can't see the lights from where I sit in the drivers seat anyhow.

I do like the rims quite a bit as well.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't mind the projectors at all. Still better than my non-projector lights my 2014 coupe has. haha. Hopefully we'll be able to get some people trying out some different bulbs to see which brands match the LED accent light color the best... The LEDs on the civic appear pretty true white (as opposed to more blue like on some cars) so maybe some super white halogens or even doing a simple xenon bulb kit which is pretty easy and cost effective to do.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I don't want to come off as rude or cynical on this forum, but there's too many threads with people wanting stuff on the higher trims in the lower model. Too many wants, and scarce resources. We all want Touring features for EX money. If that was the case, the Touring wouldn't exist. Here's the most ironic part:

The first person that manages to do an LED swap on their non Touring Civic properly, I will crown them as the smartest and stupidest person on this forum. Smart because they managed to do it, and stupid because they could've gotten a Touring for $1000 more with all its other features and done none of the work.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't want to come off as rude or cynical on this forum, but there's too many threads with people wanting stuff on the higher trims in the lower model. Too many wants, and scarce resources. We all want Touring features for EX money. If that was the case, the Touring wouldn't exist. Here's the most ironic part:

The first person that manages to do an LED swap on their non Touring Civic properly, I will crown them as the smartest and stupidest person on this forum. Smart because they managed to do it, and stupid because they could've gotten a Touring for $1000 more with all its other features and done none of the work.

I agree with parts of your comments, we want what we want, and anything could be had for a price.

But why would someone just pony up a couple more grand and get a lot of things that they would never have wanted in their vehicle?

I for one would have no use for navigation, I know where I am going, and in the rare occasions I don't, my phone has directions.
The sensing safety suite is definitely not for me, I was not happy that my 2015 KTM 690 enduro came with ABS! I race dirtbikes and I am quite a bit more comfortable using my brakes as I see fit, I don't need the machine to tell me how to do it. I completely understand that from a safety standpoint it will help most riders that do not have the same level of experience as I do.

My point is I can control my car, I do not need a sensor to tell me to turn off the cruise control when I am getting to close to another vehicle, if you are in traffic you shouldn't be using cruise to begin with.

As for the lane departure and other goodies, with the amount of distractions these days in vehicles, people texting, talking on there phones and of course the old school kids in the back seat arguing I can understand why manufactures would have these things going, just not for me though.

But that being said I still want the LED headlights because they look nice, but not for the price of getting a Touring for me.

As for the scarce resources I could easily pony up for a touring if it was what I wanted, I just don't want it.

I'm probably one of the older guys on here and money isn't an issue for things I really want, I can find a way.
Being single helps in that matter too, no wifey to negotiate with.

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
But that being said I still want the LED headlights because they look nice, but not for the price of getting a Touring for me.
I'm happy with the packaging and differences they made between the different models all except for the LED headlights. You shouldn't have to buy a Touring model if you want LED lights. It's not like LED lights are crazy fancy future tech anymore.

In any case it should at least be offered as an add-on cost option for the lower models, which I hope ends up being the case.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm happy with the packaging and differences they made between the different models all except for the LED headlights. You shouldn't have to buy a Touring model if you want LED lights. It's not like LED lights are crazy fancy future tech anymore.

In any case it should at least be offered as an add-on cost option for the lower models, which I hope ends up being the case.

I just saw this "LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)" standard on all models, that will make me happy enough.
Honda Civic 10th gen Summary of 2016 Civic sedan models features and differences front passenger profile
Honda Civic 10th gen Summary of 2016 Civic sedan models features and differences full front

So basically these:

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
I can't see the lights from where I sit in the drivers seat anyhow.
Exactly why I love how the new interior is so upgraded and premium looking compared to ever before. That's where we spend most of our time around the car anyway.

Plus there won't be a ton of Touring models around compared to all the other lower models without LED headlights anyway, so not like you'll be be reminded of the lights at every turn on your commute :)

Alaa Batata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Shittt is getting reeeeeeeeal :D !!!!! but still we need to see the Si , I feel its gunna be way another Storyy!! "Caaaaan'tt waaiittt" but overall daaaaamn Honda you guys are thinking deeeepp. muchh love and respectt.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Honda website indicates that LED headlamps will only be for the Touring model. :(
BUT LED daytime running lights for all!!! :beer:
Sponsored