Suma Side Markers - No Daytime Running Lights

bluzfanmr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Touring Coupe, '10 Hyundai Tucson
Country flag
https://www.sumaperformance.com/col...oducts/honda-civic-16-side-marker-brightamber

I've contacted Suma to ask about the above side markers but wanted to ask here while I wait for an answer.

I installed the above side markers yesterday and everything works perfectly as expected except they do not light up when the daytime running lights are on during the day.

From the description, I expected them to light up when the DRL's are on. I tried to think about the stock side markers, but I can't remember if they light up when just the DRL's are on. Maybe it's because my Touring Coupe has stock halogen side markers and I need to have stock LED side markers for them to work that way? Do the models with LED side markers light up with the DRL's?

If anyone can shed some light on this, I appreciate it.
Sponsored

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
https://www.sumaperformance.com/col...oducts/honda-civic-16-side-marker-brightamber

I've contacted Suma to ask about the above side markers but wanted to ask here while I wait for an answer.

I installed the above side markers yesterday and everything works perfectly as expected except they do not light up when the daytime running lights are on during the day.

From the description, I expected them to light up when the DRL's are on. I tried to think about the stock side markers, but I can't remember if they light up when just the DRL's are on. Maybe it's because my Touring Coupe has stock halogen side markers and I need to have stock LED side markers for them to work that way? Do the models with LED side markers light up with the DRL's?

If anyone can shed some light on this, I appreciate it.
They work as intended by the manufacturer, there was just a misunderstanding in what the DRL is. They mean whenever the taillights (not brake lights) are on. So if you use the auto headlight mode the side markers will turn on when it starts to get dark out.

OP
OP
bluzfanmr1

bluzfanmr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Touring Coupe, '10 Hyundai Tucson
Country flag
They work as intended by the manufacturer, there was just a misunderstanding in what the DRL is. They mean whenever the taillights (not brake lights) are on. So if you use the auto headlight mode the side markers will turn on when it starts to get dark out.
Great, thanks for clarifying things. I thought that might be the case as when I look at all the pics of the installs, nobody showed them running during the day unless the headlights were turned on.
Sponsored