First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Use the middle wire on the side that only has 3 wires. Took me forever to figure this damn mod out, but it's actually the same headlight as the Type R, and that's how I found it... You have the LED's on the '16 touring right? If so this should work.

IMG_20191006_154027 (2).jpg

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And no, no issues, but like I said I stripped the wire and wrapped the exposed lead to get a real good connection. Also I would recommend ensuring where the wire meets the side marker is water proof! I got cheapy ones they were not lol... They're still on the car without but I expect to upgrade to sequential at some point so I'm not too concerned!

OP
OP
verbalj

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for confirming. Yes, 16 touring has LED headlights. Attached is the driver side of mine. I originally thought i had to tap into this, but after seeing all the other videos, I thought it was the other socket (that’s nearly impossible to reach).

As for the quick splice connectors, what I did to make it work was open it up wide, lay down the red wire into the terminated channel, crimp down slightly to hold it, then found the existing wire, slid it into the open channel, then crimped all the way down. It wasn’t too bad. However, I didn’t use the connectors that came with it since I had my own stash.

thanks again for your help!

Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Installation Turn signal Wire 9AE6B657-0556-46AD-92D6-47BE7FE6C945

Last edited:

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sweet deal glad everything worked out! I love the switchback function. At some point I want the sequentials but $75 is a bit steep...

My2020Si

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys first post here. So I have a 2020 Si with LED headlights. I got the switchbacks installed today but having an issue. I tapped into the light blue wire on the drivers side which is the middle wire on the side that had 3 wires inserted, so I assumed the passenger side would be the same wire, only difference is it’s green on the passenger side. All said and done, the passenger side functions as it should. White LED with headlights on and amber when turning. For some reason the drivers side is amber with headlights on and amber while turning. So the light blue wire on the drivers side doesn’t seem to be the right one. Any suggestions?

Civex2017

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si coupe
Country flag
Hey guys first post here. So I have a 2020 Si with LED headlights. I got the switchbacks installed today but having an issue. I tapped into the light blue wire on the drivers side which is the middle wire on the side that had 3 wires inserted, so I assumed the passenger side would be the same wire, only difference is it’s green on the passenger side. All said and done, the passenger side functions as it should. White LED with headlights on and amber when turning. For some reason the drivers side is amber with headlights on and amber while turning. So the light blue wire on the drivers side doesn’t seem to be the right one. Any suggestions?
Hey, I just installed mine. To find out what wire is the turn signal wire, you can unplug the connector, turn your car to the on position, then turn your signal on. Take a circuit tester with a light in it, attach the ground wire of the circuit tester to a part of metal attached to the body, then insert the the tester into each connector hole, when it starts to flash like a turn signal (it probably flash fast), you’ve found the right one. Both of the wires on mine were the middle wire on the side of the connector with only 3 wires. I would double check on yours just in case they changed anything for the 2020

iitsdavis

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 civic
Country flag
Use the middle wire on the side that only has 3 wires. Took me forever to figure this damn mod out, but it's actually the same headlight as the Type R, and that's how I found it... You have the LED's on the '16 touring right? If so this should work.

IMG_20191006_154027 (2).jpg
How did you remove that hardness from the socket? Did you push in the red markers on the side? Some reason, I can’t disconnect it.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How did you remove that hardness from the socket? Did you push in the red markers on the side? Some reason, I can’t disconnect it.
There should just be a little clip, it's a pain to get out because of the angle!

Zerophite

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic TYPE R
Country flag
Thanks alot. I was easily able to install mine on my 2020 Honda hatchback sport touring. I didn’t use the t-taps that came with it, instead I bought a wire stripping tool, shrink tube, wire tubing, crimping tool and a waterproof electrical tape. I know you guys will say its overkill but I wanna make sure that my wire is protected in a long run ;).
Sponsored