Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirrors

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
@Suma Performance my wife ordered me these as a gift and she ordered me the version with the defroster. I have a type r without the defroster however. Any issues I'm going to face just installing these as normal and ignoring the defroster connection?
No issue! Thanks @HookemNC for the response :)
Sponsored

deep-typer

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
TBD at the moment. If you go to our product page You can sign up to be notified when they are back in stock. We'd recommend to do that before they are running out again :)
Not in stock yet. When do you think it will be back? I have signed up for notification already.

jmarvzz

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R
Country flag
Spent the last couple days first pulling apart trim pieces throughout the car and then searching for the wires I wanted to tap into for my install. I am an ex stereo and alarm installer so have some experience. I didnt want to have to route to the engine bay so I was able to tap into the defrost wires and the right turn signal to the left of the rear seat at the wiring bundle and I tapped the left turn signal right by the fuse block. Here is the finished product. I wired in turn signals and heated mirrors into my type R. I tested out the heated mirrors last night with all the marine layer moisture in them and they cleared within minutes. Below are some videos of the signals from both the inside and outside angles. Thanks Suma for bringing the product to the market. I only wish they had them for my Wrangler and Tacoma.

20190811_064148.jpg

20190811_064050.jpg
Hey I have a 2020 CTR. I've done research but haven't fully confirmed. Do our Type Rs come with defroster?

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey I have a 2020 CTR. I've done research but haven't fully confirmed. Do our Type Rs come with defroster?
Turn on your defrosters on your car while your engine is running. Then after about 5 minutes hold your hand in the glass and report back whether it's warm or not.

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Doesn't list it on the '21 webpage. Also 20 SI had the mirror symbol next to rear defrost symbol. (Share a button)

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I wonder why Suma left civicx?

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag

ShanMan14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I purchased the mirrors with turn signals and defrosters. I have the LED turn signals on the front of the mirrors, I assume I tap into those somehow. Have I missed it in this thread, where to tap into those?

Tzfng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Hatch ST
Country flag
I purchased the mirrors with turn signals and defrosters. I have the LED turn signals on the front of the mirrors, I assume I tap into those somehow. Have I missed it in this thread, where to tap into those?
You can tap them into the existing turn signal on the side mirror housing.

ShanMan14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can tap them into the existing turn signal on the side mirror housing.
Well, I thought that would be difficult part. I don't know what sorcery is required to remove the mirror caps but I intend to reuse the body-color caps and they will not come off. I spent well over an hour and finally gave up. The top two tabs are easy, the lower tab on the bottom I'm not convinced I ever released it and on the passenger side it's obscured with a wire so I can't see it.

With what I can release, the cap seems to be attached to a horizontal black plastic piece at the hinge (photo). Both side are doing this. I watched this video and this video and looked at this PDF.

So I have LED's in the mirror that currently aren't attached to anything until I have the guts to try it again. I don't know what I'd do differently, though.

Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirrors ca

Last edited:

Tzfng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Hatch ST
Country flag
Well, I thought that would be difficult part. I don't know what sorcery is required to remove the mirror caps but I intend to reuse the body-color caps and they will not come off. I spent well over an hour and finally gave up. The top two tabs are easy, the lower tab on the bottom I'm not convinced I ever released it and on the passenger side it's obscured with a wire so I can't see it.

With what I can release, the cap seems to be attached to a horizontal black plastic piece at the hinge (photo). Both side are doing this. I watched this video and this video and looked at this PDF.

So I have LED's in the mirror that currently aren't attached to anything until I have the guts to try it again. I don't know what I'd do differently, though.

cap.jpg
Yea hardest part is removing the caps. Just gotta be patient and take your time. The bottom tab is the hardest to take off :/

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw somewhere that the bottom tab is reverse of the others. So, if the top push up the bottom pushes down. Hope that helps some.

ShanMan14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I saw somewhere that the bottom tab is reverse of the others. So, if the top push up the bottom pushes down. Hope that helps some.
The bottom tab is reverse of the top two, the videos were helpful in that you could see the tab after it was off. I shined a light, positioned a flat head screwdriver and pushed down/off with no success.

The cap seemingly stuck to the black plastic hinge part is what's really confusing me. The videos don't have the integrated LED indicators on the front like mine making me wonder if their design is different?

kevok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
The bottom tab is reverse of the top two, the videos were helpful in that you could see the tab after it was off. I shined a light, positioned a flat head screwdriver and pushed down/off with no success.

The cap seemingly stuck to the black plastic hinge part is what's really confusing me. The videos don't have the integrated LED indicators on the front like mine making me wonder if their design is different?
There is a screw there that holds the two housing pieces together..you took that out right? Easiest way to get to it is to turn the mirror toward the front of the car..the screw is on the bottom
Sponsored