adriansayyss

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Type R #34509
Country flag
Been on the fence on whether I should pull the trigger on the spoon anti glare mirrors but I didn't like how I lost the defrosters and how its a stick on instead of a mirror replacement. I then found Suma Performance from multiple subaru forums and I've seen their mirrors in person so I decided to contact him and to my surprise he made a special batch for the 10th gens! ( this is not a paid advert and i'm strictly giving other options to the spoon mirrors)

The following photos are the anti glare w/ defrosters.

Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirrors 64393818_330984857814864_7495521953692778496_n

Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirrors 64894898_426039994916444_3532175215830237184_n

Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirrors 62597872_2373980532622649_7130851416054169600_n

Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirrors 64237055_2099292243704092_4817600301219446784_n

Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirrors 64347242_338178120186641_4240421516283478016_n

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Price? Link? Any left? They make them for both sides? Seems intriguing but I’d like to learn more.

OP
OP
adriansayyss

adriansayyss

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Type R #34509
Country flag

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They also have a non defroster version for the trims that didnt come with it!
Nice! I eventually want to get some for my FK7, whichever brand I get won't be for a bit though :p

-R

OP
OP
adriansayyss

adriansayyss

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Type R #34509
Country flag

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
Suma's doesn't, the one from aliexpress does since it has turn signals.
Hi, this is Eddy from Suma Performance! Yes!! Our mirrors (without the turn signals) are simply plug and play. In addition, I'd like to point out a few differences.

SUMA MIRRORS TRUELY WIDE ANGLE
Suma Performance mirrors are R1000, whereas other mirrors R1400. (The smaller the R-number, the wider the view). If you compare the before/after mirrors in adriansayss' post and that of other mirrors, you can clearly tell that you can see more objects in Suma Performance mirrors.

SUMA MIRRORS TRUELY ANIT-GLARE || COLOR DON'T FADE
Our mirrors go through a stringent, proprietary manufacturing process (SOGEL NANO process) that takes multiple steps/days to produce our signature, blue hue mirrors such that the mirrors themselves are actually clear and colorless (we have several patents and are the only manufacturer uses this process).

The reason Suma Mirrors look blue is because it absorbs all spectrum of the colors except the blue color that's pleasant to the eyes. Thus, Suma Mirrors effectively reduce glare (the yellow color spectrum, which causes the glare, is absorbed).

Other mirrors, in contrast, they use the vacuum coating process such that the blue color is actually coated on the mirror itself (unlike ours, clear/colorless mirrors that only reflect blue color). Based on that, they are not truly anti-glare because the glare is still reflected to human eyes. In addition, the blue coating will eventually corrode/fade.

I apologize that this is kind of wordy! but I thought it is important to point out the differences. If you have any more questions, please do reach out to me on this forum or [email protected], thanks!!

Eddy

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi, this is Eddy from Suma Performance! Yes!! Our mirrors (without the turn signals) are simply plug and play. In addition, I'd like to point out a few differences.

SUMA MIRRORS TRUELY WIDE ANGLE
Suma Performance mirrors are R1000, whereas other mirrors R1400. (The smaller the R-number, the wider the view). If you compare the before/after mirrors in adriansayss' post and that of other mirrors, you can clearly tell that you can see more objects in Suma Performance mirrors.

SUMA MIRRORS TRUELY ANIT-GLARE || COLOR DON'T FADE
Our mirrors go through a stringent, proprietary manufacturing process (SOGEL NANO process) that takes multiple steps/days to produce our signature, blue hue mirrors such that the mirrors themselves are actually clear and colorless (we have several patents and are the only manufacturer uses this process).

The reason Suma Mirrors look blue is because it absorbs all spectrum of the colors except the blue color that's pleasant to the eyes. Thus, Suma Mirrors effectively reduce glare (the yellow color spectrum, which causes the glare, is absorbed).

Other mirrors, in contrast, they use the vacuum coating process such that the blue color is actually coated on the mirror itself (unlike ours, clear/colorless mirrors that only reflect blue color). Based on that, they are not truly anti-glare because the glare is still reflected to human eyes. In addition, the blue coating will eventually corrode/fade.

I apologize that this is kind of wordy! but I thought it is important to point out the differences. If you have any more questions, please do reach out to me on this forum or [email protected], thanks!!

Eddy
You have my attention for sure, that was something I noticed with my Spoon interior mirror is that it seems to have faded some over time. It is still blue but no longer has that nice blue tint to it like it once did :(. So these actually replace the OEM mirror glass itself? how long will you guys offer them? I am thinking of getting the blue mirrors in a few months when I finally swap out my mirror caps with the carbon fiber ones I have.

-R

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
You have my attention for sure, that was something I noticed with my Spoon interior mirror is that it seems to have faded some over time. It is still blue but no longer has that nice blue tint to it like it once did :(. So these actually replace the OEM mirror glass itself? how long will you guys offer them? I am thinking of getting the blue mirrors in a few months when I finally swap out my mirror caps with the carbon fiber ones I have.

-R
Yes! These are OEM replacement, replacing the OEM mirror glass itself! no adhesive. We'll continue offering them as long as there is a demand :)

What features do you need? defroster and/or blinker on the mirror?
Sponsored