First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Spent the last couple days first pulling apart trim pieces throughout the car and then searching for the wires I wanted to tap into for my install. I am an ex stereo and alarm installer so have some experience. I didnt want to have to route to the engine bay so I was able to tap into the defrost wires and the right turn signal to the left of the rear seat at the wiring bundle and I tapped the left turn signal right by the fuse block. Here is the finished product. I wired in turn signals and heated mirrors into my type R. I tested out the heated mirrors last night with all the marine layer moisture in them and they cleared within minutes. Below are some videos of the signals from both the inside and outside angles. Thanks Suma for bringing the product to the market. I only wish they had them for my Wrangler and Tacoma.

Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirrors 20190811_064148

Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirrors 20190811_064050

Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport HB 6MT, 1996 Accord EX 4dr 5MT
Country flag
Spent the last couple days first pulling apart trim pieces throughout the car and then searching for the wires I wanted to tap into for my install. I am an ex stereo and alarm installer so have some experience. I didnt want to have to route to the engine bay so I was able to tap into the defrost wires and the right turn signal to the left of the rear seat at the wiring bundle and I tapped the left turn signal right by the fuse block. Here is the finished product. I wired in turn signals and heated mirrors into my type R. I tested out the heated mirrors last night with all the marine layer moisture in them and they cleared within minutes. Below are some videos of the signals from both the inside and outside angles. Thanks Suma for bringing the product to the market. I only wish they had them for my Wrangler and Tacoma.

20190811_064148.jpg

20190811_064050.jpg
That looks amazing! :thumbsup:

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
I've been driving around with these mirrors for about a week now. It took me bit to get used to the convex shape since it squishes more picture into the same space. But that extra few degrees really helps for spotting stuff around your blindspot. Even the right hand mirror has extra vision the blindspot camera doesn't pick up.

Suma mirror also does a cute thing. You can pan downwards and see parking lines.

tvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ex Hatchback
Country flag
These Mirrors are such an improvement, that you might want to get them now, and enjoy using them ASAP, rather than wait an unknown amount of time in the hope of getting a few dollars off.

Not for me to say, but now that the product has been launched with the initial price reduction to promote initial interest, and is so popular, why would the seller feel any need to reduce the price for another sale, when the product is now selling so well. ?

I personally have no regrets buying them when I did, after the initial promotional sale ...
Good thing I saw your notification late and just caught the sale before it ended. Thanks @Suma Performance just copped a pair! Can't wait!

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
One of the most asked questions! If your car doesn’t have the turn signal integrated in the mirror housing, this is what you do. You run the mirror wire to where the the turn signal wire is and splice with with a connector. Our kit comes with the wires and connectors. You’ll need to take off panels where the wire runs through. It is about 2-hour work, give or take. But it brings new life to your car with the mirror turn signal. Does that answer your question?
Quick question. Would you happen to know what specific interior panels to remove, and which wire colors to tap into for the turn signal function for both left and right sides?

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
Quick question. Would you happen to know what specific interior panels to remove, and which wire colors to tap into for the turn signal function for both left and right sides?
@Volksparts Could you provide some high-level insight?
What it looks like on @Volksparts Car!

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
Why is the image in the driver side so drastically different from each mirror, and the passenger side image send to be there same between both ?
The OEM passenger side is already convex that's why the difference isn't drastic. If we make the convex wider, the image is warped too much.

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
@Suma Performance , do you have any ETA's on the next batch of CTR side mirrors will be in??? I'm hoping soon ?

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
@Suma Performance , do you have any ETA's on the next batch of CTR side mirrors will be in??? I'm hoping soon ?
TBD at the moment. If you go to our product page You can sign up to be notified when they are back in stock. We'd recommend to do that before they are running out again :)

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
TBD at the moment. If you go to our product page You can sign up to be notified when they are back in stock. We'd recommend to do that before they are running out again :)
Yup I just did, I just wanted to get the word straight from the horses mouth.

Thanks for the info.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Country flag
@Suma Performance my wife ordered me these as a gift and she ordered me the version with the defroster. I have a type r without the defroster however. Any issues I'm going to face just installing these as normal and ignoring the defroster connection?

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
@Suma Performance my wife ordered me these as a gift and she ordered me the version with the defroster. I have a type r without the defroster however. Any issues I'm going to face just installing these as normal and ignoring the defroster connection?
You won't have any issues.
Sponsored