Suggestions for my 2019 Civic Sport Coupe wing spoiler buy?

Soulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2019 Coupe sport
Country flag
Hi,

I am total noob with car modifications. They offer me at the dealership but I thought I could get it cheaper elsewhere.

I want to know the following:

1. Where can i buy a good OEM/other goo brand wing spoiler?
  2. I like the 2019 SI wing spoiler would this fit my model or should i Stick with the regular wing spoiler for my model?
  3. Where is a goo site to buy this?
  4. Is it worth it to install it? ( i want it to be more sporty)
  5. Where should i have it installed? ( i dont want to do it myself)

I have looked around the web, ebay, etc but im confused as what to buy and if it will fit my car. Could you guys refer me to actual website or links that will fit my model. Please see the picture below so you can see which model i have and the color, i was thinking the wing to be black.

Honda Civic 10th gen Suggestions for my 2019 Civic Sport Coupe wing spoiler buy? eW7KaTI

I have seen this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-16-19...718462&hash=item5691208506:g:h3EAAOSwPDBaA0HS
Sponsored

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
anyone bump
There is a spoiler for both the Si Sedan and Coupe, so they should fit a non-Si Sedan / Coupe.
If you buy the OEM spoiler, it will be paint matched when you receive it.
If you buy from like eBay or AliExpress, it will most likely be unpainted, and thinner fiberglass construction.

You can buy it from the Parts department from your local dealership, or get through places like:
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/
https://www.collegehillshondaparts.com/
https://www.collegehillshonda.com/

I bought my extended tailgate spoiler for my Hatchback from the Part department at my local dealer.
It's going to be hard to paint match the factory White Orchid Pearl color...
(The Parts guy is pretty chill, and I've gotten parts from him before, so I got it at a discount)

If you order the part from a dealer, or it is an Honda factory OEM part, the dealer's service department should be able to install it for you. It may depend on the dealership, but they charged me nothing to get it installed.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Soulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is a spoiler for both the Si Sedan and Coupe, so they should fit a non-Si Sedan / Coupe.
If you buy the OEM spoiler, it will be paint matched when you receive it.
If you buy from like eBay or AliExpress, it will most likely be unpainted, and thinner fiberglass construction.

You can buy it from the Parts department from your local dealership, or get through places like:
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/
https://www.collegehillshondaparts.com/
https://www.collegehillshonda.com/

I bought my extended tailgate spoiler for my Hatchback from the Part department at my local dealer.
It's going to be hard to paint match the factory White Orchid Pearl color...
(The Parts guy is pretty chill, and I've gotten parts from him before, so I got it at a discount)

If you order the part from a dealer, or it is an Honda factory OEM part, the dealer's service department should be able to install it for you. It may depend on the dealership, but they charged me nothing to get it installed.
I talked to them and it cost around 511 but that the factory one they told me they cant install me the wing from the coupe SI into my coupe sport because they say is not for my trim :S

this the only one they said they can install
Honda Civic 10th gen Suggestions for my 2019 Civic Sport Coupe wing spoiler buy? dXyJNRB

they told me they do sell this one but they cant install :S which is the one i wanted
Honda Civic 10th gen Suggestions for my 2019 Civic Sport Coupe wing spoiler buy? tyjvZib

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I talked to them and it cost around 511 but that the factory one they told me they cant install me the wing from the coupe SI into my coupe sport because they say is not for my trim :S

this the only one they said they can install

they told me they do sell this one but they cant install :S which is the one i wanted
What....??
I just double-checked, and across all of the Civic Coupe trims, they ALL use the same trunk lid -- it's the same part number.
Part Number 68500-TBG-A00ZZ.
Installing the Si spoiler onto ANY trim 2016 ~ 2020 Civic Coupe would be the exact same.

I have even seen a couple of non-Si Coupes in my neighborhood with the Si spoiler.

Do you have another Honda dealer around you?
Order from them instead, or see if they will install it for you.
Or... you can also ask a private body shop / mechanic.

Man, if I lived by you, we can just do a team install on a driveway.

Also, College Hills Honda sell the non-Si spoiler for $330.
They have installation instructions RIGHT on the product page too.
https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08F13-TBG.html

You might need to confirm with College Hills if it includes all the parts (screws, etc), but the Si spoiler assembly is $427.
https://www.collegehillshondaparts....speed-manual/body-air-conditioning--trunk-lid

Last edited:
OP
OP

Soulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What....??
I just double-checked, and across all of the Civic Coupe trims, they ALL use the same trunk lid -- it's the same part number.
Part Number 68500-TBG-A00ZZ.
Installing the Si spoiler onto ANY trim 2016 ~ 2020 Civic Coupe would be the exact same.

I have even seen a couple of non-Si Coupes in my neighborhood with the Si spoiler.

Do you have another Honda dealer around you?
Order from them instead, or see if they will install it for you.
Or... you can also ask a private body shop / mechanic.

Man, if I lived by you, we can just do a team install on a driveway.

Also, College Hills Honda sell the non-Si spoiler for $330.
They have installation instructions RIGHT on the product page too.
https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08F13-TBG.html

You might need to confirm with College Hills if it includes all the parts (screws, etc), but the Si spoiler assembly is $427.
https://www.collegehillshondaparts....speed-manual/body-air-conditioning--trunk-lid
Sadly we dont live nearby lol.

The wing you are pointing out from that website is different from the one i screenshot with the red coupe as you can see is more elevated? the one form your link might be the sedan SI one which is almost similar to the one i screenshot above in the fray civic

i think would have to just do the one i screenshot on gray

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sadly we dont live nearby lol.

The wing you are pointing out from that website is different from the one i screenshot with the red coupe as you can see is more elevated? the one form your link might be the sedan SI one which is almost similar to the one i screenshot above in the fray civic

i think would have to just do the one i screenshot on gray
The link that I shared where the spoiler is $330 is the Coupe one.
If you do through the pictures, you can see they have the spoiler mounted to a Blue and Black Civic Coupe.
This spoiler is the same as what is shown in your gray colored Civic.

The Sedan spoiler is different.
It has a LED light bar integrated into it, as you can see here:
https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08F13-TBA.html

My second link, where it takes you to the actual part ordering page, where the price is $427.83...is not to scale.
It's from Honda's technical spec sheet, given to like the Service department / people assembling the cars at the factories, etc.
It's a sketch/drawing of the part.

College Hills doesn't have a product page in their accessories parts store for the spoiler found on the Si Coupe because it is not an accessory part -- it's installed on the Si Coupe directly from the factory. You would have to order it as a replacement part...like you got into a crash, and need to order a replacement from Honda.

Just like....if I wanted to order a set of Si front seats, I would need to go through the parts department, as if I were getting replacement seats. They don't sell it as an accessory part.
(Annnd the Si seats don't come pre-assembled...you would need to put the seats together yourself piece by piece...because they are put together on the assembly line)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Soulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The link that I shared where the spoiler is $330 is the Coupe one.
If you do through the pictures, you can see they have the spoiler mounted to a Blue and Black Civic Coupe.
This spoiler is the same as what is shown in your gray colored Civic.

The Sedan spoiler is different.
It has a LED light bar integrated into it, as you can see here:
https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08F13-TBA.html

My second link, where it takes you to the actual part ordering page, where the price is $427.83...is not to scale.
It's from Honda's technical spec sheet, given to like the Service department / people assembling the cars at the factories, etc.
It's a sketch/drawing of the part.

College Hills doesn't have a product page in their accessories parts store for the spoiler found on the Si Coupe because it is not an accessory part -- it's installed on the Si Coupe directly from the factory. You would have to order it as a replacement part...like you got into a crash, and need to order a replacement from Honda.

Just like....if I wanted to order a set of Si front seats, I would need to go through the parts department, as if I were getting replacement seats. They don't sell it as an accessory part.
(Annnd the Si seats don't come pre-assembled...you would need to put the seats together yourself piece by piece...because they are put together on the assembly line)
Gotcha, yeah they told me that yesterday. They can sell me the COUPE SI wing but they wont install it :(
I dont know how much or if they would do a good job on a bodyshop ( not saying they wont) but that why i want to go just with the wing on the gray color civic just cus the dealership is doing it and in case they do something wrong well they have to answer for it.

I do want the the wing... i didnt got the SI because im so dumb i cant re learn manual. Plus i got lazy to re learn and to do manual in all the traffic :S..

I have some things i want to do to my coupe

tint it, do you think is good idea?
wing as we have discussed
and since my coupe doesnt come with subwoofer and i think the sound is trash, i need to add maybe a sub under the seats... ( in case you know good ones, also links,let me know) nothing to invasive to the car dont want to tear apart nothing

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gotcha, yeah they told me that yesterday. They can sell me the COUPE SI wing but they wont install it :(
I dont know how much or if they would do a good job on a bodyshop ( not saying they wont) but that why i want to go just with the wing on the gray color civic just cus the dealership is doing it and in case they do something wrong well they have to answer for it.

I do want the the wing... i didnt got the SI because im so dumb i cant re learn manual. Plus i got lazy to re learn and to do manual in all the traffic :S..

I have some things i want to do to my coupe

tint it, do you think is good idea?
wing as we have discussed
and since my coupe doesnt come with subwoofer and i think the sound is trash, i need to add maybe a sub under the seats... ( in case you know good ones, also links,let me know) nothing to invasive to the car dont want to tear apart nothing
It doesn't hurt to ask around any local places, and see if they are willing to do the install for you.
Like I said, it comes paint matched, so the paint step is already done.
Otherwise, if you are okay with the non-Si spoiler, then you can go with that...

I would recommend to at least put a little bit of tint on the rear and back windows.
I'm personally still looking into getting this done on my car, though, not in a huge hurry.
Suggest getting it done professionally...it's going to bug me forever if I see bubbling in the tint...

As for the subwoofer, I am not good with that; you may need to ask others in the Audio/Nav/Electronics section for better ideas/information.
These Civics don't have much space under the seats -- I'm quite literally touch the floor in my Hatchback Sport.
I think the trunk would be a more viable option, but again, check with the other CivicX guys.

ecks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX
Country flag
i actually installed the Si spoiler wing on my 2016 coupe LX and i would not recommend installing it. the Si trunk lid has reinforced mounting plates underneath the trunk to support the weight of the spoiler. i did not know about this when i initially installed it and every time i drove over a bump or a rocky road the spoiler would wobble. i decided to remove it until i added some reinforcement and when i did i noticed the weight of the spoiler had dented the trunk lid. in the end i decided to reinstall it properly since i had already spent $500 for the wing and $150 for installation through a custom body shop. i bought some stainless steel plates on ebay around 1/8 '' thick but it was a hassle to properly align the plates since the trunk lid has two layers. i had to slide the plates in between and used magnets to maneuver them around inside. then i had to drill through the bottom of the trunk lid to be able to tighten the bolts. it was an awkward job since i installed them myself and there is little room to work in. in the end the wing still wobbles when going over potholes or uneven roads though not as much. i also didnt install the trunk springs since i need a special tool to remove them, so whenever i close the trunk, i have to carefully shut the lid due to the weight. needless to say it wobbles as well when closing it. i wish i would have gone with the original spoiler but overall i do like how it looks.

Honda Civic 10th gen Suggestions for my 2019 Civic Sport Coupe wing spoiler buy? IMG_20190824_174325

Honda Civic 10th gen Suggestions for my 2019 Civic Sport Coupe wing spoiler buy? IMG_20190824_174355

Last edited:
OP
OP

Soulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Suggest getting it done professionally...it's going to bug me forever if I see bubbling in the tint...
I agree with this, that my same issue not going forward with the tint. I dont know where to take it to have it done professionally the dealership doesn't do it they told me they do not have what it takes. The use a third party.

I guess I will go wingless for now, since i got some other things i need to buy and pay. I regret not telling me to add them to the loan capital

OP
OP

Soulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i actually installed the Si spoiler wing on my 2016 coupe LX and i would not recommend installing it. the Si trunk lid has reinforced mounting plates underneath the trunk to support the weight of the spoiler. i did not know about this when i initially installed it and every time i drove over a bump or a rocky road the spoiler would wobble. i decided to remove it until i added some reinforcement and when i did i noticed the weight of the spoiler had dented the trunk lid. in the end i decided to reinstall it properly since i had already spent $500 for the wing and $150 for installation through a custom body shop. i bought some stainless steel plates on ebay around 1/8 '' thick but it was a hassle to properly align the plates since the trunk lid has two layers. i had to slide the plates in between and used magnets to maneuver them around inside. then i had to drill through the bottom of the trunk lid to be able to tighten the bolts. it was an awkward job since i installed them myself and there is little room to work in. in the end the wing still wobbles when going over potholes or uneven roads though not as much. i also didnt install the trunk springs since i need a special tool to remove them, so whenever i close the trunk, i have to carefully shut the lid due to the weight. needless to say it wobbles as well when closing it. i wish i would have gone with the original spoiler but overall i do like how it looks.

IMG_20190824_174325.jpg

IMG_20190824_174355.jpg
Yeah, guess if i decide do go with a wing ill do the factory one. thanks
Sponsored