Suggestions for discreet dash cams?

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Curious what everybody is using for dash cams and how you have them setup. I’m hoping to get a very thin one without a screen or anything. Guessing that the best setup is to mount it high on the center of the windshield and run the wiring across the top under the headliner and then down the driver A pillar to the fuse box. Pretty standard unless there’s a good switched power source by the map lights.

Any recommendations?
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag

Yoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT
Country flag
I had a Mobius Action cam, but it quit after 2 years. I contacted Mobius and they said it's not designed to be a used as a dash cam. Leaving it on for hours will eventually fry the recording circuit in the electronics. It's design to be used like a GoPro, for shorter videos.

Anybody want a sort-of working Mobius? It still works as a webcam, just won't record video.

I'm also looking for a discrete dashcam. Thieves will break in and steal an obvious one.

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have this one Thinkware x700. It has parking mode, sensors for if you get hit. It’s tapped to the door fuse since I was having a hard time finding an always on fuse. The wires run from the centre windshield under the headliner to the pillar on the drivers side and under the healiner all the way to the back for the rear windshield camera.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...eSb-IWicTa575CQh4WQaAtTkEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

OP
OP

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
i like the Blackvue dashcams as they are low-profile.

https://blackvue.com/
Yeah I ended up ordering one of the Blackvues. Now just gotta figure out if I can fish the wire for the rear camera straight back over the headliner instead of going across the top of the windshield and down the side of the car.
Sponsored