Success - Touring Audio Software Update Resolves the No-Sound Issue

Fat Tony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring - Cosmic Blue
I brought my Touring in to the dealer on Thursday and the software was updated to fix the no-sound initialization issue. I have not had any issues with the sound since. The audio also seems to initialize much quicker than previously when it did work.
Sponsored

ediblebirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7 ST
Country flag
Brought mine into day as well, this was the first time they attempted this update and it took over an hour for them to complete. No issues so far.

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (MSM/BLK)
Vehicle Showcase
I alerted my dealer to the TSB before taking delivery and they applied it before I ever drove it. No audio issues (knock on wood) since bringing home the car last Monday night.

bostondan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Unfortunately, I just had the audio not work again, despite having the update. It was fixed by just turning the car off and back on. Previously that would not fix the issue, so I imagine this was a separate problem.

Also, when I brought my car in for the update a couple weeks ago it took them over FOUR hours. They eventually came out to tell me they couldn't get the car to take the update and that I should take my car home for now. They handed me the keys and said "here is your car." I replied with, "Umm, that's not my car." Turns out they were trying to install the update on the entirely wrong Civic (somebody else's non-Touring) for four hours. They were horribly embarrassed obviously. They then proceeded to install the update to the correct car in about 10 minutes. :doh:

staged84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic touring
Country flag
For a quick fix, you can just press bluetooth button on steering wheel, and cancel.

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
Do they charge for the update?
Sponsored