gt58

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sedan, 2004 STi
Country flag
although that amp is definetly overkill for those subs, in my opinion i'd stay away from all things Skar. also dont fall for the marketing BS with peak power ratings. those woofers are cheap and will cook fast if you put alot of power to them. IMPORTANT -> per amazon: "
Recommended power range: 200 - 400 watts RMS @ 2ohms"

you need to find an amp that does around 400 at 2 ohms. ALSO you need to not fall for the BS with amplifier ratings (PEAK POWER). if you can get one that is CEA compliant then you know it passed tests and does true rated power.

here are some amps i'd choose from.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-169885-Kenwood-KAC-D5101.html

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-67771-Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P300X1.html

when setting up the amps please dont crank the gain knob to the max. have an experienced friend help you set it up if possible

OP
OP
Spider

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sedan Sport
Country flag
RMS is what you should be looking at and comparing when trying to match subwoofers and amplifers.
Thanks dude, wasn’t rly sure how it all worked but this helps a lot, I have a shop near me that will install all of it.

gt58

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks dude, wasn’t rly sure how it all worked but this helps a lot, I have a shop near me that will install all of it.
you could do it yourself and save a bunch of money! watch a few youtube videos and you should be able to knock it out.

OP
OP
Spider

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sedan Sport
Country flag
@gt58 I just bought the rockford amp, thanks for the advice! Ill send pics when installed.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
also don't just look at RMS, make sure the amp you get is CEA-2006 Certified, this is a certification where the amp has to be able to output the rated wattage at normal car voltage at 4 Ohm, if an amp isn't CEA-2006 it's likely overrated (ie an amp claiming to be 4,000 watts but has a 40 Amp Fuse which would put maximum power at 100% efficiency, which doesn't exist, at like 576 watts at 14.4 volts).

gt58

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ALSO you need to not fall for the BS with amplifier ratings (PEAK POWER). if you can get one that is CEA compliant then you know it passed tests and does true rated power.
also don't just look at RMS, make sure the amp you get is CEA-2006 Certified, this is a certification where the amp has to be able to output the rated wattage at normal car voltage at 4 Ohm, if an amp isn't CEA-2006 it's likely overrated (ie an amp claiming to be 4,000 watts but has a 40 Amp Fuse which would put maximum power at 100% efficiency, which doesn't exist, at like 576 watts at 14.4 volts).
exactly. another thing you can look at is the fuse that comes with the amp! (40amp fuse on the amp x 13.8 volts x 0.75 amplifier efficiency) = 414
Sponsored