Stockblock

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Planning on replacing all 3 rear speakers since I'm going to be back there anyways. Any tips or tricks you guys recommend? Will upload pics of the speakers I'm putting in. Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance friends.

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer went out on me after 3 years 20211018_154552

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer went out on me after 3 years 20211018_154558

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer went out on me after 3 years 20211018_154858

OP
OP
Stockblock

Stockblock

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
UPDATE: Install went smooth, hardest part was reinstalling all the plastic, some clips can be troublesome. Just take your time and it'll work out smooth. No complaints with these speakers but now im doing a full sub Amp loc set up so stay tuned..

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
good plan, I went with a 12in SUB after about 1mth of ownership. couldn't handle that awful stock SUB, made the whole cars system sound 100% better.

OP
OP
Stockblock

Stockblock

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I agree. Stock audio is trash in this car and they consider it the premium package..riiiight...just purchased a dq-61 from Crutchfield, will be hooking that up to the setup you see in this thread with the additional of a 12in sub. Will try to post pics during install but most likely I'll make a different thread

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I agree. Stock audio is trash in this car and they consider it the premium package..riiiight...just purchased a dq-61 from Crutchfield, will be hooking that up to the setup you see in this thread with the additional of a 12in sub. Will try to post pics during install but most likely I'll make a different thread
The crazy thing is my 8th Gen Si OE sub sounded way better and more bass and it's only 350 watts. When I got my 10th gen I was expecting it to be even better since it was 450 watts and I couldn't believe how bad it sounded. I ended up getting hondahack and installed viper4android to change the EQ settings and it definitely helped. I would want to get an aftermarket sound system eventually though.

OP
OP
Stockblock

Stockblock

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Definitely seems to be something with the factory head unit as even with these new speakers installed I'm not seeing much improvement over stock. Hence the dq-61 for overriding whatever bs eq settings within the head unit.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
my bass in the rear deck went out the second week i owned my si and it was brand new lol

CodeFault005

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe- Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
I've been thinking of getting this speaker (subwoofer). Any thoughts? (Good, bad, experience? )
Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer went out on me after 3 years 20220319_084513

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've been thinking of getting this speaker (subwoofer). Any thoughts? (Good, bad, experience? )
20220319_084513.jpg

audiofrog is suppose to be one of the best but mannnnn there expensive. Im more into mid range speakers and got a separate bass in the trunk. But i just pulled everything out after 2 years and im just gonna do a basic setup for my interior. Tired of the weight and battery I had in my trunk. Crazy but my car feels so much lighter now. Im probably gonna stick with some pioneers and call it a day lol.

Hazzard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I upgraded all 5 front speakers and added a Cerwin Vega powered under seat sub to the passenger side. It doesn't go as low as a full size box in the trunk, but it works for me. I tapped into the front door speakers for a signal to the sub.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have an unlocked head unit I highly recommend setting up Viper4Android, even the stock system sounds at least 100% better and it has plenty of things to tweak with to your liking.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-all-root-solutions-6-0-viper4android-fx-2-7.3774651/
So does this always run in the background once it's set up? Is there anything crazy to know about the installation?

I can tweak the sound to the extreme through my JL amp, but it's a pain to hook up the laptop. It would be so much nicer to be able to dial in the line out at the head unit.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So does this always run in the background once it's set up? Is there anything crazy to know about the installation?

I can tweak the sound to the extreme through my JL amp, but it's a pain to hook up the laptop. It would be so much nicer to be able to dial in the line out at the head unit.

Nothing crazy, yeah it just runs in the background and can be setup only to enable when listening to music from bluetooth etc, plenty of tweaks and options and while its not perfect it does work with the factory equipment and make a big difference.
Sponsored