Subwoofer Rattle (Quick fix)

B-rad

Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2016 Civic Ex-T
As I've viewed the comments on the subwoofer rattling I figured I'd add in my two sense. I'm a self proclaimed Audiophile and I think the Civics sound system is actually quite superb. However, here's what I've noticed and this could possibility be affecting your experience:
Song Quality: If you are playing from your phone or an mp3 player you should focus on using files rated at 320 kbps. At this kbps, the quality will allow you to turn the volume up without distortion and rattling. Google play offers music at 320 kbps and there are other avenues to this as well. However lower quality rips and even streaming can cause the audio to distort at lower levels creating the irritating rattling noise. If you use Spotify I know you can download your playlists and albums over WiFi that way no streaming is involved and therefore no distortion. Audio Settings: Now obviously this may differ with your preference but I always try to equal out bass treble and mids at least 3 on all of them because having too little or too much of each can cause the audio to seem flushed out or flushed in. (Sounds like poop) Let me know if this helps anyone!
Sponsored

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get pretty bad rattling and I primarily download my music from Apple Music but I'm not sure what the files are rated at. So you're saying on the sound settings I should have everything set to 3 bars? Including the sub?

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
Best mod for stock woofer is to wedge some rubber pieces in between the woofer cage and basket. No rattle and actually compliments the rest of the system like it should.
Sponsored