Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm having a bit of trouble digesting 2.3 ft^3 as well. There's lots of drivers that work well in smaller eclosures, so no big deal if it isn't 2.3 though
Yeah I have a quite large ported box that takes up about 1/3 of the overall trunk in my sedan and it's only 1.65cf gross volume, so I can't imagine this is anywhere close to that. I would think it's more around .5-.75cf.
Sponsored

OP
OP
omgherb

omgherb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah I have a quite large ported box that takes up about 1/3 of the overall trunk in my sedan and it's only 1.65cf gross volume, so I can't imagine this is anywhere close to that. I would think it's more around .5-.75cf.
Yes you are correct, and it was an error on my part. As I stated early my friend does this at a profession level. It was a miscommunication on my part. The accurate measurements i dont have at this moment but soon will.

Last edited:

superjman89

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I just completed the install for the fiberglass enclosure omgherb provided. Omgherb and his partners did a great job. He shipped out about a week after I completed the order. Pictures below of the final install.

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX PXL_20210725_142412885

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX PXL_20210724_211721737

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX PXL_20210724_211826638
Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX PXL_20210724_211549438

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX PXL_20210724_211539473

Work with Omgherb to make sure the subwoofer speaker you pick fits properly. I needed to buy a spacer with my Rockford-specific setup. Also, you might need to reroute your wiring on the trunk arm as I did. Picture below

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX PXL_20210725_143150361

Overall, extremely happy and omgherb kept communication throughout the build process and even helped me work through the spacer I needed. Thanks again!

Nemesai285

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Where you get the trunk spacer to hold the amp and with using the spacer, can you still have the spare tire underneath? Otherwise I really like this clean subwoofer install and would be interested in the future for my 12in memphis sub when the money rolls in.

OP
OP
omgherb

omgherb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Where you get the trunk spacer to hold the amp and with using the spacer, can you still have the spare tire underneath? Otherwise I really like this clean subwoofer install and would be interested in the future for my 12in memphis sub when the money rolls in.
They sale them everywhere. Even local audio shops should have them in stock. I found some on ebay and amazon around $15-$35

OP
OP
omgherb

omgherb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Any options for a hatchback yet? I want one for my 12w6v3 for my CTR.
Unfortunately not at the moment. Trust me, we really wanted to make one for the coupe an hatchback. Due to supple shortage and cost on everything, the over turn isnt there. We need to sale a few more units before i can even consider taking that step towards that.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Hi,
This is my JL Audio 8w3v3-4 ported enclosure (approx 45cm port length).

BR.jpg
3.JPG
Thay looks absolutely perfect for what I want.. who done it and how much was it? ?

Theo74

First Name
Mariusz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 Turbo Sport version
Country flag
The whole job was done by me. I had no expirience, only this what i saw on the youtube materials. The original box was prepared for 10inch speaker. At the end I have 8 inch JL Audio speaker and Ported box. After adding bass reflex the sound is fuller and touching low end frequences. The main idea was to do "invisible" box and I think I did it well.

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX 2
Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX 3 (1)
Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX 4

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX 4_1
Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX 5
Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX 6
Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX 20210529_145556

Last edited:
OP
OP
omgherb

omgherb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The whole job was done by me. I had no expirience, only this what i saw on the youtube materials. The original box was prepared for 10inch speaker. At the end I have 8 inch JL Audio speaker and Ported box. After adding bass reflex the sound is fuller and touching low end frequences. The main idea was to do "invisible" box and I think I did it well.
For that being your first box, you did good. Hopefully you used at least a 1.5 thickness and minimum of 4 layers. But all in all did a good job!
Sponsored