omgherb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
As of 06/20/2022 Production of these boxes have been placed on hold due to the extreme uprise in shipping cost. Hopefully we can start up again soon. If you live locally or within a 2hr distance from us we will try to arrange a delivery pick up.

My friend's and I built, custom subwoofer enclosures for the 2016+Civic Sedan. These boxes are made through Cincinnati Design and Fabrication, LLC (CDF). If you are interested in becoming an owner of this awesome lightweight design and own the 2016+Civic Sedan, email me at [email protected]

Thank you too everyone that has already purchased them. For future customers, Pm for details.
Details:
Custom subwoofer enclosure
8" depth from mounting ring
18" length
16" height
Fits: Driver Side Trunk Wall- Enclosures are for 12"
Sealed box @1.00cft' air space

Sub wire connects to this connector once carpeted.
Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX 1601496196053

Working on a better video and pictures

We now offer a 100% match to the factory carpet.
REMINDER, Each box are hand made and completely custom. We are making them to save you the big bucks.

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX C408C863-9783-412E-BF1A-3C172A2C7D0B

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX 1601496196053
Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX C408C863-9783-412E-BF1A-3C172A2C7D0B

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX F89DE86C-71A9-4608-B050-1FDA3AA7416E

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX 679661DF-A755-409A-A827-460BAF4DFEE0

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX F63FBAE5-3F44-4887-8676-9BD44393AD5E

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX 85B88C86-B11E-4426-8A63-EAC7DCDEAE22

Last edited:

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ive been after JL Audio for awhile trying to get them to do it. I'd love one for the hatch.

OP
OP
omgherb

omgherb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ive been after JL Audio for awhile trying to get them to do it. I'd love one for the hatch.
Sweet, will have too look at my buddy's Type-R to get an idea of the trunk space. Currently trying too get more information for the coupe and 5dr models. Will keep everyone up to date when and if we begin production.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I'm designing a rather large unit right now myself, i'm "stealing" one of my 15's out of my SUV and building 2 new boxes (1 for each vehicle). I built a mock up out of some scrap 2x6 I had laying around to ensure I could get the box in and out of the trunk and it just barely makes it (it's 40" wide to match the space between the carpet) I'm thinking of doing it as a down firing but if not it will be an up firing with the sub pushed over to the passenger side and the port firing toward the trunk, here are some 3d views from Autocad that I drew up, still trying to check the math on the port length and tuning and all that but I know this is the maximum size that you can still get in and out through the trunk.

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX civic box 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX civic box 2

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX civic box 3

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer Enclosures For CivicX civic box 4

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Damn 15'' is large. Are you attempting to run a shallow sub?
Nah, this box takes up half the trunk, the sub is a DC Audio Level 3 15 Dual 1 Ohm Voice Coil (which will be wired in Series for a 2 Ohm load on the amp). I'm almost done with the new box for the SUV that will house the other 15, i'm gonna use it as the test bed to see how things sound if I do a downfiring vs an upfiring box (the one for the SUV will be upfiring but I can set it up on some scrap blocking to see what it sounds like as a downfiring box to see if I should alter this design into an upfiring for the Civic).

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd be really interested in one for the hatchback if it doesn't compromise losing trunk space!

OP
OP
omgherb

omgherb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'd be really interested in one for the hatchback if it doesn't compromise losing trunk space!
What we are build will not compromise any trunk space. The main purpose of us building them, are for the people wanting that extra kick from an aftermarket subwoofer without losing their current trunk space.

OP
OP
omgherb

omgherb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Nah, this box takes up half the trunk, the sub is a DC Audio Level 3 15 Dual 1 Ohm Voice Coil (which will be wired in Series for a 2 Ohm load on the amp). I'm almost done with the new box for the SUV that will house the other 15, i'm gonna use it as the test bed to see how things sound if I do a downfiring vs an upfiring box (the one for the SUV will be upfiring but I can set it up on some scrap blocking to see what it sounds like as a downfiring box to see if I should alter this design into an upfiring for the Civic).
Actually been thinking about building a downfiring box. Putting it where the spare tire would go, idk though.

schmiddr2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-L
Country flag
I would add another layer of glass, as well as glass in some stiffening panels (mdf) or create more right angles in the form. Also, I found it's often an easier fitment in the car if you under size the whole thing by a very small amount.

OP
OP
omgherb

omgherb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I would add another layer of glass, as well as glass in some stiffening panels (mdf) or create more right angles in the form. Also, I found it's often an easier fitment in the car if you under size the whole thing by a very small amount.
2-3 more layers are going to be added once the complete shape is formed. It currently fit really snug. Will be even more of a tighter fight once wrapped in fabric. Picture is when we were trying too decide if we wanted to go with a completed mdf front or not.

Musclebadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I would be in for one for the enclousure for a hatch. I have been looking at doing one but currently don't have the skill or the time to learn to make one.
First: let me apologizes for the misleading title. Second: it's only slightly misleading. My friends and I are planning to build subwoofer enclosures for the 4dr Civic. For starters, we are curious if there is even a demand for them. If so, we would like to start building them within the next 2-3 weeks. Quality is our top concern especially being under my friend's LLC fabrication Company. If anyone is interested, please leave a comment below.
Since this is something being started from scratch, everything will be pretty basic.
10'' or 12'' Subwoofer located in the trunk; driver or passenger is yet to be determine. All necessary wires and if any hardware needed would be all included.
So if anyone is interested, please comment.
- As of 8/07/2020, the plan is too start production of the first enclosure, 08/21/2020. We have estimated the sale price will be somewhere around $280-$350. Our goal is to make it as affordable as possible, without compromising the quality.

To Admin: sorry if this is posted in wrong location.
Great timing on this. I was reading up on fabricating my own box up but don’t have skills or tools yet to even attempt this. I have a civic hatchback and would love to have something like this. I can figure out my own wiring and such if it would help keep cost low.

Edit:

I have an EX so the floor of the car is lower than a sport/type R.
Sponsored

Last edited: