EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
Sounds awesome. This box is actually best used for bigger subs. Did a shallow version for guy with his p3 rockford fosgate shallow 10 inch and it hit hard.

Musclebadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Sounds awesome. This box is actually best used for bigger subs. Did a shallow version for guy with his p3 rockford fosgate shallow 10 inch and it hit hard.
What kind of process did you do to make the box?

I have been thinking about making one or finding someone to make me one. Just been on the list of nice to have.

OP
OP
EtRtcarguy

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag

I have been thinking about making one or finding someone to make me one. Just been on the list of nice to have.
Just a lot of measuring the contours of the hatch to make fit.
I would just hit 3 audio shops and get their quotes as to what they charge so u know what the norm is. Otherwise just take your time and start taking measurements. I use 3\4 birch wood..brad nails..glue etc.

OP
OP
EtRtcarguy

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
I make shallow versions which seem to be the more popular of the two...(shallow boxes and deep boxes)

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer box for hatchback 20200526_180348

Honda Civic 10th gen Subwoofer box for hatchback 20200526_180343_HDR

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You should sell some of those on here, I would totally pay for a box made like that for my R. Around here the only shop I really trust, is backed up until the end of October to do anything.

Musclebadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Yes but only locals. I can fit both 10 and 12inch. Shallow boxes can fit most 10 inch and some 12 in shallow subs. Deep box can fit most regular 12in subs.
Dang it. Well if that ever changes to sell outside of local I would be interested in cost and whatever shipping will be. Otherwise I may have to do some research to make one at some point.

OP
OP
EtRtcarguy

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
You should sell some of those on here, I would totally pay for a box made like that for my R. Around here the only shop I really trust, is backed up until the end of October to do anything.
Sorry..not sure what happened with my reply being all over the place.
So yea these are just to expensive to ship. The process in making these out of 3/4 birch wood is time consuming but better for my health in the long run.

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Sorry..not sure what happened with my reply being all over the place.
So yea these are just to expensive to ship. The process in making these out of 3/4 birch wood is time consuming but better for my health in the long run.
If you would have some written out plans, or details, I maybe able to help get them into a format easily shareable to those outside your area, if that would be an option.

dpham

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk7
Country flag
Yes but only locals. I can fit both 10 and 12inch. Shallow boxes can fit most 10 inch and some 12 in shallow subs. Deep box can fit most regular 12in subs.
How much are you selling a 10 inch box for?

SiLee207

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
I’m looking at making one of these. I live in Maine so I see you don’t ship. Any chance you could give me some design tips?
Sponsored