Submit Requests to get a Non-Sport Hatchback Cat-back Exhaust Built!

covert

First Name
Nathanial
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got in contact with a representative from Borla Exhaust, and they let me know that if they get enough requests for a 2017-2020 Non-Sport Civic Hatchback Cat-back, they’ll consider working on one.

Let’s make this happen! Submit your request here: https://partrequest.borla.com/
Sponsored

arthus

First Name
Arthus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic lx hatchback 2017
Country flag
I got in contact with a representative from Borla Exhaust, and they let me know that if they get enough requests for a 2017-2020 Non-Sport Civic Hatchback Cat-back, they’ll consider working on one.

Let’s make this happen! Submit your request here: https://partrequest.borla.com/
I went ahead and filled out the request, Did they happen to say how much is "enough"?
I know there are alot of people on the website that have asked and there are quite a few threads asking about a exhaust for the non sport hatchbacks but I hope its actually enough

OP
OP
covert

covert

First Name
Nathanial
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went ahead and filled out the request, Did they happen to say how much is "enough"?
I know there are alot of people on the website that have asked and there are quite a few threads asking about a exhaust for the non sport hatchbacks but I hope its actually enough
Sorry they didn’t specify, I can just imagine if they’re flooded with requests all of a sudden they’ll highly consider creating one since there’s a huge market for the Non-Sports and no one is taking advantage of it.

lastbluesun

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5L Hatchback LX
Country flag
I have also submitted a request. I wish this could be stickied so it can get more attention here.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Tired of waiting for a American company to come up with a Non-Sport exhaust for the hatchbacks and went with Prodrager, but filled out a request sheet to help out the rest of the hatchback owners in the same boat.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag

Are you looking for an exhaust for your hatch? Just buy a quality muffler and decent length resonator and bring it to an exhaust shop. Custom exhausts surprisingly can come out well made and cheap.

OP
OP
covert

covert

First Name
Nathanial
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you looking for an exhaust for your hatch? Just buy a quality muffler and decent length resonator and bring it to an exhaust shop. Custom exhausts surprisingly can come out well made and cheap.
I almost got one made, they’re $650-$1000 for custom piping and a resonator swap and custom tips in my area, and it just wouldn’t sound as smooth as the Borla does.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
I almost got one made, they’re $650-$1000 for custom piping and a resonator swap and custom tips in my area, and it just wouldn’t sound as smooth as the Borla does.
You’re being taken advantage of then. 600 is on the higher end of a custom exhaust that’s not made with crazy pie cuts or random features like cutouts and helmholtz resonators. A muffler, resonator, piping, and labor can be done for 400-600 depending on brands and type of piping. Just ask the shops to talk to you nicely

OP
OP
covert

covert

First Name
Nathanial
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You’re being taken advantage of then. 600 is on the higher end of a custom exhaust that’s not made with crazy pie cuts or random features like cutouts and helmholtz resonators. A muffler, resonator, piping, and labor can be done for 400-600 depending on brands and type of piping. Just ask the shops to talk to you nicely
It did seem extremely high to me which is why I didn’t go through with it. Maybe I’ll search around and find something reasonable if we can’t get a Borla. Not giving my hopes up just yet tho

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I’d imagine you guys would need enough to offset their cost of research and development. No point in making it if they aren’t going to make a profit lol. So I would say you’d at least need 500+ people, should be enough of a push. 100-300 people I feel like wouldn’t be enough incentive for them to pursue the R&D on it