Sub rattle fix

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the video and all the work. I wasn't brave enough to remove the deck so I applied what I could from inside the trunk. It seemed to work pretty well. This video will also come in handy for anyone looking to replace speakers in the rear deck.

staged84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic touring
Country flag
My dealer seemed to have fixed most of the rattles from the deck. I need to give it a couple of days to see if it is gone, but so far so good. I can finally put subwoofer setting in dead center without rattle. Doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment, but it's much better now.

civicxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - White
Country flag
I just found your youtube video after duplicating basically the same procedure. Great video!

I had trouble removing those 2 green bolts? on the very top trim piece though. Any tips with that? I wasn't able to remove mine which made it extremely difficult to reattach that piece.

OP
OP
Rickstitans

Rickstitans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Those are a pain, I just pulled the rest of the clips out first and then slid it off where the green one attaches to the trim piece. Then putting it back on was sliding it back onto the green one and then popping the others in.

OP
OP
Rickstitans

Rickstitans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
beanko, there is no room under the seat. The foam of the seat is formed to fit into that space. I used to instal for a living back in the day, you could either mount it on the box or to the back of the seat.