BoukiBoi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hi there, I own a 2020 civic Si and I recently put two 12 inch subs in the trunk of my car, and as cool as they are, after 5 days of them, I had to jump my battery today. When wiring, we put the remote power wire into an accessory port of the fuse box, and when we turned off the car (we being my dad and I), we noticed the power light on the amp was still on. Does anybody know what fuse position turns off with the ignition?
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

TheHorse13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
I wouldn't use something like add-a-fuse to a modern vehicle. If you're unfamiliar with wiring and car electrical systems, do yourself a favor and take your car to a good audio shop. I've watched cars burn to the ground when, "I'm new at this" stereo installers started poking around.

All of that said, there is a map of the fuse panel in the service manual of your car. The best way to determine which blocks are live/dead when the ignition is on/off is to use a tool like a multimeter. Even so, understanding the electrical draw on the fuse block you're trying to tap is critical.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wouldn't use something like add-a-fuse to a modern vehicle. If you're unfamiliar with wiring and car electrical systems, do yourself a favor and take your car to a good audio shop. I've watched cars burn to the ground when, "I'm new at this" stereo installers started poking around.

All of that said, there is a map of the fuse panel in the service manual of your car. The best way to determine which blocks are live/dead when the ignition is on/off is to use a tool like a multimeter. Even so, understanding the electrical draw on the fuse block you're trying to tap is critical.

I agree with you. Don't work in car electrical if you don't know electricity

m6tzg6r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic hatch vti-s 2021
Country flag
I removed the fuse for the DRL which is located near the pedals and put my remote turn on wire into there and reinserted the fuse which secures the cable, the Amplifier only turns on when the engine is started or in accessory modes, been a year like that and all has been well.
Sponsored