Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello, anyone else considering removing the factory 8" sub and installing a real sub / amp?

I've been reading and figured out that we can tap the existing factory "sub" + and - wires, connect them to a LOC like the Audiocontrol LC2i on the left channel then run RCAs from the LC2i to the amp, and connect the sub. I plan ordering the parts and swapping out the sub. Chime in if you have already done this.

Audio Control LC2i:
http://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/factory-system-upgrade/lc2i/

LC2i connected to Mono channel:
http://www.audiocontrol.com/knowled...t-mono-output-can-just-send-mono-signal-lc2i/

Audio Control Sub controller:
http://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/accessories/acr-1/

Sub wiring:

Honda Civic 10th gen Sub/ amp install CTR_SW0

Honda Civic 10th gen Sub/ amp install CTR_SW.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Sub/ amp install CTR_SW2.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Sub/ amp install ctr_SW3.JPG

MrHomecoming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX S2000
What about the components? Seems like the entire system is "C" level. Planning to change out all the speakers- 1 Front and 1 Sub amp. What are your thoughts?

TypeRish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Rsx Type S & 2015 Tlx
I really would like to upgrade the oem speakers but i just cant fathom the idea of drilling into any panels (to mount amps) or running a 0 gauge cable from the engine bay

Jacek6xci

First Name
Jacek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I really would like to upgrade the oem speakers but i just cant fathom the idea of drilling into any panels (to mount amps) or running a 0 gauge cable from the engine bay
I did that in my acura rsx type s, it can definitely be a hassle. Make sure to run the power line away from any speaker lines or you well get static. In my Acura I replaces ask the speakers and ran 2 700w subs in my trunk. Even with a 2k mAh sub battery my radio would die if stick in traffic for 30 min or more. Lol

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What about the components? Seems like the entire system is "C" level. Planning to change out all the speakers- 1 Front and 1 Sub amp. What are your thoughts?
Just want more bass for now, can add a four chan amp and swap out the factory highs later.

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I plan on mounting my amp to the speaker box and using a ratchet strap connected to the child anchor points to keep the sub in place...easy removal if needed. There is also a hole and grommet in the firewall to run the power cable. No need drill anything.

TypeRish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Rsx Type S & 2015 Tlx
I plan on mounting my amp to the speaker box and using a ratchet strap connected to the child anchor points to keep the sub in place...easy removal if needed. There is also a hole and grommet in the firewall to run the power cable. No need drill anything.

Thats not a bad idea, but i rather keep a factory look.. was maybe thinking about removing the factory sub and putting a small 8inch like a good sundown subwooofer and making a small enclosure to maintain that stock look.. if i can make it happen without drilling or cutting parts of the car i'll do it

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I've been reading and figured out that we can tap the existing factory "sub" + and - wires, connect them to a LOC like the Audiocontrol LC2i on the left channel then run RCAs from the LC2i to the amp, and connect the sub.
Why not just get an amp that has speaker-level inputs and save the cost and installation work of an L2Ci?