Stupid question, will a stock OEM *sport* hatchback catback exhaust fit inside the car?

Fk7_412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Getting a catback borla put on at a shop and was wondering if anybody could fit the stock exhaust in the hatch to drive home with? Thanks
Sponsored

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
if I can fit 2x6" x 8' pieces of lumber in the hatch, I'm sure you can find a way to fit the exhaust. Have it split in as many pieces as possible and I'm sure it'll fit.

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
Getting a catback borla put on at a shop and was wondering if anybody could fit the stock exhaust in the hatch to drive home with? Thanks
When I picked up my Type-R exhaust I had to put the front pipe end outside the passenger window. Ended up wrapping it with a large microfiber towel so it didn't mar the surfaces on the window and side mirror.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm pretty sure it's slightly too long to put in the car without sticking it out the front window. Honestly I just cut mine in two pieces for transport, there's a section just before the muffler in the pipe that's perfectly straight. It can easily be re-welded or just clamped back together if you have to re-install.

syndragore

@gray.fk7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't cut mine, I just folded down the rear seats, folded back the passenger seat, and laid it down muffler side in the trunk so the other end hung out a foot or so through the passenger side window like another user said. Worked perfectly find, just remember to wrap the front end in something so you don't damage anything.
Sponsored